All Progressives Congress chieftain, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has uncovered he didn’t escape in the midst of emergencies that followed the Tuesday Lekki killings.
The self acclaimed “Jagaban” unveiled this when he visited the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, at the State House in Marina today, October 24.
While tending to columnists soon after the gathering, Tinubu said he didn’t go out of the nation as circled by some standard and web-based media stages.
He uncovered the reason for his gathering with Sanwo-Olu was to inquire as to whether he had requested soldiers to attack #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki toll gate on Tuesday.
Recall that Tinubu had experienced harsh criticism days after the Lekki slaughter, as hoodlums torched TVC and some different ventures apparently connected with him, with many affirming he “ran” out of the nation over apprehensions of being killed.
Tinubu has now faulted claims insinuating his son was kidnapped, and that he jetted out to France for safety.
Speaking on Saturday, Tinubu emphasized the need for a thorough investigation into Tuesday night’s attack.
In his words, “First, we have to segregate the calendar – those who suffered casualty before the protests from the hands of SARS. You have to separate that from those who suffered casualty due to what happened at the toll gate.
“For those who suffered casualty from SARS, the Commission of Inquiry that is already set up will unearth that and will make their recommendations. I trust the calibre and the character of the people there, they are independent. That is one.
“Those who suffered casualty during the gunshots need to answer some questions too. Even though we want to help, we still must extract information that will help the government to prepare in future and understand how and when to react because the governor, in particular, is a youth.
“As a youth himself, he (Sanwo-Olu) quickly went to Abuja with the 5/5. The government immediately put into action, dissolved the SARS and had to work through other recommended actions, the needs they demanded. Within a few days, he reported back to the public. That is responsive enough.
“But where are we getting the looting, the carnage, the burning, the invasion of police stations, stealing of arms, maiming of the innocent? It is a handshake beyond the elbow.”
Asked about his whereabouts in the past few days, Tinubu said, “I didn’t go nowhere; I’m a Lagosian and I still hold the title of Asiwaju of Lagos and I am still a Jagaban.
“Fake news is all over the place. They say Seyi my son was kidnapped and was chased but look at him. I didn’t pay a penny to bring him here.”
Tuesday night attack at the Lekki toll gate has been condemned by both local and international civil rights organisations and personalities.
- US Marshal released from hospital after Bronx gun battleIn USADecember 6, 2020A deputy U.S. Marshals shot during a gun battle in the Bronx received a hero’s welcome Saturday as he was released from the hospital. Dozens of ...[Read more]
- Namibia auctioning off 170 ‘high value’ wild elephantsIn LifestyleDecember 6, 2020Who wants their very own elephant? The southwest African country of Namibia will be auctioning off 170 “high value” ...[Read more]
- Creepy characters sought in gunpoint robbery in NYCIn USADecember 6, 2020These were no trick-or-treaters. Cops are looking for help in identifying five creepy characters who pulled a gunpoint robbery in Brooklyn the ...[Read more]
- 3 Years After Flavour Adopted A Blind Boy, Check Out his New PhotosIn Celebrity NewsDecember 5, 2020Popular Nigerian artiste, Flavour, three years ago, showed love for a young blind boy called Semah G. Flavour adopted the young to be fathered by ...[Read more]
- NYC COVID-19 numbers still rising in ‘cluster zones,’ positive rate dips statewide: CuomoIn USADecember 5, 2020The statewide COVID-19 positivity rate has fallen slightly, but infection rates are still rising in Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island, ...[Read more]
- ‘Autonomous zone’ NYC bar is making big bucks on GoFundMeIn USADecember 5, 2020Staten Island’s self-proclaimed “Autonomous Zone” bar can’t legally open its doors to customers, but the joint is still managing to clean up. A ...[Read more]
- Queens man burned by dry ice on Air France flight: lawsuitIn USADecember 5, 2020That’s a knee-jerk reaction. A Queens man says he was seriously hurt after an airplane beverage cart smashed him in the knee, and an Air France ...[Read more]
- Alexandra Botez is taking the chess world by storm—live on TwitchIn LifestyleDecember 5, 2020Good chess players are master strategists and problem solvers. Alexandra Botez has one more unlikely skill in her arsenal: insults. “My dad is a ...[Read more]
- Democratic NYC mayoral candidate suggests housing homeless in Daily News officesIn USADecember 5, 2020One Democratic mayoral hopeful has a novel idea for easing the city’s homeless crisis — housing them in the vacated offices of the Daily News. ...[Read more]
- Meet Lindsay Ijeoma, The Lady With The Longest Natural Hair In NigeriaIn Nigeria NewsDecember 5, 2020Lindsay Ijeoma Chris is the woman who is believed to have the longest common hair in Nigeria so far. You will be marvelled at the length, thickness ...[Read more]