Former governor of Ekiti state, Chief Ayodele Fayose stated that he does not find delight in criticizing the administration of the current governor, Kayode Fayemi.
Fayose was engaged in an interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, where he was asked about his take on the governance of Governor, Kayode Fayemi.
According to him, he has deliberately ceased from attacking the governor in public and he is waiting on the people of the state to decide what they want.
READ ALSO: Meet Ngozi Orji, Actor Zach Orji’s Beautiful Wife Who Is Also A Nollywood Actress (Photos)
He said: Again, I am no more the governor. And if you watched me very carefully, I have not criticised that government since they came to power. I am just one of the 2.2 million people in Ekiti state. They were busy criticising me while I was governor; that is their style. The fact that they do something that is not good does not mean that I should do it. Since Joe Biden became President of the United States, as loud as Donald Trump could be, you don’t hear him talking and criticising. It is their government and it is the people that will decide who they want next. So, I have decided to keep mum on governance in Ekiti because I don’t want them to say it was Fayose that didn’t let them perform. Let them showcase themselves for the good people of Ekiti to judge them. So, I am not going to comment about Fayemi’s administration. I wish him well.
I am entitled to make a decision. Yes, I am their leader in the PDP but I am equally entitled to my right to support anyone that I choose to support. I have chosen Bisi Kolawole based on my own careful consideration; by that I mean anybody that defers to me and say ‘this is my leader’. Anybody who says you are his father and looks up to you, you should be able to advise them that you wait, let this one do it. Tomorrow, it may be your turn. he added.
Source: www.Newzandar News.com
- 16-year-old Ma’khia Bryant allegedly shot dead by policeIn Local NewsApril 21, 2021A 16-year-old girl, identified as Ma’khia Bryant has been shot dead by police in Columbus, Ohio. Police said the shooting happened a later time after ...[Read more]
- VIDEO: Ghanaian Lady Explains Why She Cannot Marry A Man Who Has No Side-chickIn EntertainmentApril 21, 2021One Ghanaian lady who appeared on Adom FM has explained why she will never marry a man who has no side chick. According to her, she cannot take the ...[Read more]
- EFCC arrests, detains former Zamfara governor, Abdulaziz YariIn Nigeria NewsApril 21, 2021The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), has arrested former Zamfara State governor, Abdulaziz Yari, over alleged illegal financial ...[Read more]
- Isa Pantami Should Resign From His Office – Nyesom WikeIn Nigeria NewsApril 21, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, has urged the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Pantami to immediately ...[Read more]
- Paul Okoye, Rudeboy Set To Live Up To His Name As He Joins The Hero Family – VideoIn Nigeria NewsApril 21, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Paul Okoye, Rudeboy is set to live up to his name and make sure it never vanishes as he joins the Hero family and becomes their ...[Read more]
- Gunmen attack police station in Enugu, kill two officersIn Nigeria NewsApril 21, 2021Unknown gunmen have reportedly attacked the Divisional Police Headquarters in Adani, Enugu State. The attack was said to have happened in the early ...[Read more]
- Police nabs human trafficking syndicate, rescues 19 children in EdoIn Local NewsApril 21, 2021Four suspects have been arrested by the Adamawa State Police Command for allegedly kidnapping some people and extorting money from others. The Police ...[Read more]
- Dead body of stowaway found in plane arriving Amsterdam from NigeriaIn Local NewsApril 21, 2021Four suspects have been arrested by the Adamawa State Police Command for allegedly kidnapping some people and extorting money from others. The Police ...[Read more]
- Moshood Abiola Convinced Nigerians He Was A Change Agent- Atedo PetersideIn Nigeria NewsApril 21, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Founder of Stanbic IBTC Bank Atedo Peterside has opined the late nationalist Moshood Abiola better known MK Abiola was not granted the ...[Read more]
- “I Spent Almost 7 Million On My Divorce And 3 Million On Custody Of My Child” – Relationship Expert, Blessing Okoro RevealsIn Nigeria NewsApril 21, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Relationship expert, Blessing Okoro has revealed that she had to show off some financial muscle before she was able to get through with ...[Read more]