Leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, has been re-arrested and extradited to Nigeria to face his trial.
Nigeria’s Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, made this known on Tuesday, June 29.
At a joint press briefing on Tuesday with the State Security Service (SSS) in Abuja, Malami disclosed that international collaborative efforts with security agencies led to Mr Kanu’s arrest and repatriation to Nigeria.
According to media reports, he was apprehended by security agencies in the United Kingdom and brought back to Nigeria on Sunday.
Kanu and his co-defendant are facing treasonable felony charges at the Federal High Court in Abuja.
The IPOB leader fled the country in September 2017 after an invasion of his home by the military in Afara-Ukwu, near Umuahia, Abia State.
Nigerian News – CorrectNG
- BREAKING: How IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested In Kenya, Unlawfully Extradited To Nigeria—Family
- BREAKING: Ipob Messiah, Nnamdi Kanu Arrested, Extradited To Nigeria
- Take Note Nnamdi Kanu Was Not Arrested Or Extradited By UK Government – Reno Omokri Reveals
- EXCLUSIVE: How IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested By Nigerian Government
- I Was Very Happy When Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested – El-Rufai Speaks On Arrest Of IPOB Leader
- Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested In Kenya – Nnamdi Kanu’s Sibling Reveals
- BREAKING!!! IPOB Leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Declares War In Nigeria, Orders Biafrans To Kill Every Policeman, Army Officer (+Audio)
- Nigeria’s Secret Police Finally Gives IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu’s Permission To See His Lawyer
- Nnamdi Kanu orders IPOB to Kill security agents as Ohanaeze begs IPOB to resist taking up arms
- IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To IGP’s Order Of Arrest Of Sunday Igboho