The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has honoured their fallen hero, Ikonso by naming the Imo State Government House at Douglas road, Owerri, after him.
You could recall Ikonso, the commander of the Eastern Security Network (ESN) was slain by the police and some security forces as they overwhelmed him at his hideout. Following his death, the Media and Publicity Secretary ofIPOB, Emma Powerful, released a statement that made it clear that Douglas Road Owerri and Awomamma Junction is set to be named after the late Commander..
The statement reads: “We the global family of the Indigenous People of Biafra and Biafrans worldwide, wish to announce to the world, our unanimous decision to rename the Imo State Government House, Douglas Road Owerri, and Awomamma Junction after the late heroic Commander of the Eastern Security Network Ikonso, murdered in cold blood by cowardly Nigeria security operatives.
“The affected places will henceforth be called Ikonso Government House, Ikonso Way and Ikonso Junction respectively.
*This is with immediate effect and compliance is required of all ministries and parastatals beginning from today, the 28th day of April 2023.”
“This decision is one of the ways IPOB members and Biafrans all over the world have agreed to immortalize the name of our brave Ikonso and his men killed by the callous cowardly Nigeria security agents that flee from terrorists and bandits but derive pleasure in killing unarmed Biafra agitators.
” Ikonso and other fallen heroes with him did nothing to warrant their summary extra judicial execution. They made the supreme sacrifice in defence of our ancestral land against Fulani terrorists, jihadists and killer herdsmen. Biafra shall never forget them.
“We therefore expect maximum cooperation from relevant Government agencies, officials and the Imo State House of Assembly because we don’t know who this Douglas is that a road in Owerri was named but we know who Ikonso was.
“He defended Imo State with his life, for without him, most Imo indigenes would be in IDP camps by now courtesy of terrorists.”
Source: www.Newzandar News.com
- Nigerian forces eliminate IPOB’s top ESN commander Ikonso
- Breaking: Unknown Gunmen Hit Back, Kills Alleged Military Informant Behind Death Of ESN Commander, ‘Ikonso’
- Nnamdi Kanu Ordered Us To Bury Ikonso With 2,000 Human Heads- ESN Commander
- Man Arrested In Aba Too Old To Be Recruited Into ESN, Let Alone Ikonso’s Deputy- IPOB
- ‘Hope Uzodinma has Killed Sleep So He Should Be Ready To Stay Awake- IPOB Reacts To Killing Of ESN Top Commander By Security Operatives
- Another ESN Commander Has Taken Over – IPOB
- Ikonso’s Second In Command For IPOB Arrested- Army
- Following IGP’s order, Policemen opens fire at Owerri hostel as they conduct house to house search for IPOB, ESN members (video)
- Biafra: Army confirms killing of 11 ESN, IPOB members in Imo
- Native doctor preparing charms for IPOB, ESN arrested in Imo