This week has been all about Nigerian Afrobeat, Afrofusion singer Chidinma Ekile who announced that she has become a Gospel singer after ‘seeing the light.’
Predictably, the young diva observed that the Devil has been winning for too long in her life but now she wants to give all of her talents to win souls for God because Jesus is coming sooner than expected.
She told reporters thus; “Our God is faithful, He never lies and He does whatever He says. So I’m here today, it’s been a long journey. I had an opportunity to spend time with Him, it’s a rare privilege to spend time with Him and He told me a lot of things and He said, He has been waiting for me. So, He is happy to receive me. God has been very intentional about me.
“He is very mindful of me. I’m not here because I want fame. I’ve had all of that and I think I’ve had enough of all of that. So, right now is the time to work for my father. He is the one who has called me, I did not bring myself here.
“As a matter of fact, I did not want to be here but I’m going into ministry in full force. So, most of you might not understand my ways because you don’t know where I’m coming from, and that is because a lot of time has been wasted. So, I need to catch up with time. I’m moving with time, there is no time.
“The enemy has been winning for too long. I’ve had my share of influence and all of that, but now I’m using all of that, everything the enemy thought he had given to me though was given to me by God, while he was lying that he gave them to me, now I’m using all of that to work for my father.
“So, when you see me doing some very extreme thing, just understand where I’m coming from, there is no time. There are too many people out there we have to bring back into the house. Jesus is coming soon, sooner than you expect. So we cannot allow them to miss out on that. Now is the time to do the work”.
Meanwhile, Chidinma has released her first gospel song titled, “Jehovah overdo”.
- Governor Bala Says FG Can’t Revive Nigeria’s EconomyIn Nigeria NewsMay 13, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed has stated that the Federal Government has no clue on how to balance the nation economically. As ...[Read more]
- Feds green light four new Metro-North stations in the BronxIn USAMay 13, 2021The feds have given the green light for the MTA’s plan to build four new Penn Station-bound Metro-North rail stations in the Bronx, Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...[Read more]
- Reality Star, Ifu Ennada Wrestles Assistant ‘Jesus’ Who Dragged Her For Showing Off Her CleavagesIn Nigeria NewsMay 13, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Reality TV star, Iheme Faith Uloma popularly known as Ifu Ennada has lampooned a fan who chided her after she showed her cleavages in ...[Read more]
- New NYC mayoral poll shows Eric Adams leading Andrew Yang ahead of first debateIn USAMay 13, 2021A new survey shows Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams once again emerging as the favorite of likely Democratic voters for the June 22 primary, ...[Read more]
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother confirms his next clubIn SportsMay 13, 2021Premier League clubs remain in favour of the “armpit offsides”, as they prepare to discuss their Video Assistant Referee (VAR) survey, the UK Mirror ...[Read more]
- EPL: Jorginho clears air on leaving Chelsea after 1-0 defeat to ArsenalIn EPL, SportsMay 13, 2021Premier League clubs remain in favour of the “armpit offsides”, as they prepare to discuss their Video Assistant Referee (VAR) survey, the UK Mirror ...[Read more]
- Critics rip ‘wrong’ Cuomo for ‘harassment is not making someone uncomfortable’ claimIn USAMay 13, 2021Gov. Andrew Cuomo insisted Thursday that “harassment is not making someone feel uncomfortable” — a claim that critics quickly blasted as laughably ...[Read more]
- Accused COVID relief fraudster belongs to extremist group, feds sayIn USAMay 13, 2021A man who allegedly worked with two cohorts in an attempt bilk the US government out of $14 million in COVID-19 relief funds is a self-described ...[Read more]
- Auto crash claims 2 lives in OnitshaIn Local NewsMay 13, 2021A court in Cyprus has sentenced a Nigerian, Chrstopher Ezeh linked to the murder of another Nigerian student, Walshak Augustine Ngok to 27 years in ...[Read more]
- Nigerian sentenced to 27 years in prison for killing fellow student in CyprusIn Local NewsMay 13, 2021A court in Cyprus has sentenced a Nigerian, Chrstopher Ezeh linked to the murder of another Nigerian student, Walshak Augustine Ngok to 27 years in ...[Read more]