The Government of Kaduna State has said that in the space of three months, between January and March 2023, 323 people were killed by bandits.
This update was disclosed by Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan during the presentation of the first quarter security report at the State Security Council meeting on Friday April 30.
Similarly within the same period, 949 people were abducted by bandits. 236 of the deaths between January and March were reported to be within Birnin Gwari, Chikun, Igabi and Kajuru Local government areas.
The council was informed that the security forces triumphed at certain parts of the states. They gunned down hundreds of bandits and recovered many weapons.
Also in Newzandar News: Let’s Join Hands For The Betterment Of Our State – Governor Oyetola Says
Giving his speech at the meeting, Governor El-Rufai lamented about the rise in kidnapping and banditry in the state.
The Governor reported that the attacks are getting out of control, and that bandits operating in the state are inching closer from rural communities to urban areas, where they have targeted innocent people with utmost boldness in recent times.
In other news, the parents of the remaining abducted students of the Federal College of Forestry Mechanisation, Afaka, Kaduna have lost their patience as their wards have not been released after being in captivity for almost two months.
The parents of the 29 students have therefore decided to stage a mass protest at the National Assembly Complex in Abuja to compel the Nigerian government to boost its efforts to secure the release of their kids.
Source; Newzandar News.com
- ‘My uncle set to divorce wife after plumber removed 323 dondoms blocking the toilet’ – Young man cries out
- Indonesia reports 949 new cases of Coronavirus, 25 new deaths
- Names of Abducted Teachers Disclosed As Kaduna Resident Narrates How Bandits Abducted Pupils
- Bandits: Kaduna State Releases the Record of People Abducted and Killed In 2023
- Kaduna School Abduction: How Nigerian Navy Man Was Killed By Bandits Three Months After Wedding
- Kaduna: Three persons killed by bandits in Lere, Birnin Gwari local government areas
- Bandit attack: Three teachers missing, no pupil was abducted â Kaduna state government
- Bandits killed seven people in three days – Kaduna govt
- Kaduna: Two killed as locals repel bandits in Igabi local government area
- 21 persons killed and 40 others abducted as suspected bandits attack communities in Niger state