The Lagos state government has condemed the attack on a COVID-19 palliative stockroom in Mazamaza by criminals.
Hooligans had on Thursday morning broken into the stockroom office at the Crescent, famously called Monkey village where a huge number of stowed food intended to be circulated to the mass are put away.
Responding to the improvement in an announcement by Gawat Jubril A, Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the Governor of Lagos State on New Media, the palliatives were given by the Private Sector Coalition against COVID-19 (CACOVID) gathering and was set to be disseminated notwithstanding the EndSARS protest.
Read the full statement below;
“Lagos State Government has today condemned the vandalization of the warehouse at Mazamaza housing the food palliative packages donated to the State government by the Private Sector Coalition against COVID-19 (CACOVID) group.
The State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu had on September 22nd 2020 formally taken receipt of the food palliatives from the CACOVID team meant for distribution to the indigent.
The Government notes that the warehouse in question is not State owned and its usage was made available to the CaCOVID group. The State Government had been allowed to commence rebagging of food items allotted to it from the quantities meant for South West States.
The rebagging was being done to account for each beneficiary receipt, as was required and monitored by the CACOVID team.
The distribution was on-going but had to be halted due to protests, before the invasion of the warehouse today.For effective distribution of the food palliatives, groups such as Transport Unions, Ethnic Groups, Religious Associations, Artisans and Tradesmen Association, Marketmen and Women Association, People Living with Disabilities, Orphanages and Old Peoples’ Homes among others were being used as distribution channels to their members.
The State Government however regrets the invasion of the warehouse and appreciate the support offered by the CACOVID group to the citizenry of Lagos.”
- Resign Now-Northern Elders Forum insists President Buhari is not competent enough to handle Northern Security IsuessIn Boko HaramDecember 3, 2020Northern Elders Forum, NEF, has maintained that President Muhammadu Buhari should resign and allow a more competent hand to pilot the affairs of the ...[Read more]
- Davido Living Up To His Riches, Having First Class Enjoyment With FriendsIn Celebrity NewsDecember 3, 2020Singer Davido who is known to be a person who loves to have fun, have stormed the internet with a first-class enjoyment he is having with some ...[Read more]
- Proud Boys join protest at defiant Staten Island bar closed over COVID-19 violationsIn USADecember 3, 2020Hundreds of people on Wednesday night — including members of the right-wing group Proud Boys — protested the closure of a Staten Island bar that ...[Read more]
- “I Am Thick In The Thighs And Thin In The Waist,” Says Nengi As She Puts Flaunts Her Banging Body (Photo)In BBNaija, Celebrity NewsDecember 3, 2020BBNaija star, Nengi, has caused a massive stir on social media after she shared a mouth-watering photo of herself flaunting her beautiful body. The ...[Read more]
- “I’m Happy, Last Wife Or Not” – Regina Daniels Throws Shades At Her CriticsIn Celebrity NewsDecember 3, 2020Actress Regina Daniels has thrown shades at her critics on social media who are always concern about her husband taking another wife. Regina Daniels ...[Read more]
- “My Husband Ned Nwoko Can Marry More Wives”- Regina Daniels Grants Her Husband Full Permission To Take Another WifeIn Celebrity NewsDecember 3, 2020Nollywood actress and Billionaire’s wife, Regina Daniels has reacted to her husband’s video that went viral on social media after his interview with ...[Read more]
- NYC church security guard accuses priest of sexual assaultIn USADecember 3, 2020A security guard at a Manhattan church has accused a priest of sexually assaulting her after she says she caught him watching gay pornography in his ...[Read more]
- Feds sue NY town for alleged anti-Semitic zoning lawsIn USADecember 3, 2020An New York town’s building laws are engineered to discriminate against Jews, federal prosecutors are alleging — in the third lawsuit against upstate ...[Read more]
- 102-year-old with ‘iron will to live’ survives COVID — twiceIn USADecember 3, 2020A 102-year-old New York woman who lived through the 1918 Spanish Flu and overcame cancer survived not only one — but two bouts with the coronavirus. ...[Read more]
- Midtown a ghost town for Rockefeller Center tree lightingIn USADecember 3, 2020The Ghosts of Christmas Present were about the only ones allowed near the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting Wednesday night — thanks to ...[Read more]