Mary Daniel, the viral amputee sachet water hawker has been handed over to leaders of Igala Community by Lagos State Government.
This development was disclosed in a statement released by the special adviser to Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Civi Engagement Princess Aderemi Adebowale. The statement which was released on Thursday, April 29 was also signed by Mr. Sola Ogunmosunle, the Director, Public Affairs Department, Office of Civic Engagement.
In the statement, Adebowale said that the government’s actions was effected to protect residents in the state particularly the vulnerable and also prevent fraudsters from targeting the contributions made to Mary Daniel by kind-hearted Nigerians.
Also in Newzandar News: ‘My Kpekus Gets Wet Every Morning’ – Gay Nigerian Chef, Ayo Shares Story Of How His Uncle Raped Him Repeatedly
Recently, the amputee hawker identified as Mary Daniel went viral on social media after photos and videos of her hawking sachets of water despite her condition surfaced online.
The statement government reacted to the viral photos and took the 27 year old mother in their care.
On Thursday, April 29, Mary was handed over to a panel of representatives of the Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Youth and Social Development, and a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO).
Committee members who graced the handing over are Mr Sanni Ejima, Leader of Igala Community in Lagos; Divisional Police Officer, Alausa and representative of the Lagos State Commissioner of Police.
According to Special Adviser to the Governor on Civic Engagement, the police were invited to secure the safety of Daniel and protect her thereafter.
She added that it was the sole duty of the committee to ensure that the accumulated funds donated to her was to be used judiciously to improve her living conditions and also take care of her baby.
Adebowale said: “She now has the resources to take care of herself and her baby and have a new lease of life.”
In recent developments, the Lagos State Government refuted claims of withholding the N25million contributed to the amputee to hawker to up her standard of living.
Gbenga Omotoso, the Commissioner for Information and Strategy of Lagos state disclosed that the state government has no plans to claim the N25 million donation.
He explained that the government also ensured that she was not attacked or harassed in one way or the other so that she can be able to use the money raised for her.
Gbenga concluded that Mary could establish her dream supermarket store in the state since the state’s efforts transformed her life.
Source; Newzandar News.com
- Relatives And Others Allegedly Exposed Lies Of Viral Amputee Hawker, Mary Daniel
- Why I Said My Father Was Dead – Amputee Hawker, Mary Daniel Finally Speaks
- See stunning new photos of amputee hawker, Mary Daniel
- Nigerians React to the Amazing Transformation of the Amputee Lady Selling Sachet Water
- New Photos Of Amputee, Mary Daniel Onu Who Used to Hawk Bottled Water In Traffic Stun Netizens
- Lagos withholds viral amputee hawker’s N25million donation after detecting lies in her claim
- Lagos State Government Refutes Claims Of Withholding N25m Contribution Made To Viral Amputee Hawker
- Viral amputee hawker set to open supermarket as she turns 27
- ‘She Lied, She Is Not An Orphan’ – Lagos State Withholds N25million Donation After Finding ‘LIES’ In Viral Amputee Hawker’s Plight
- “Her Name Is Not Mary Daniel And She Lied About Not Having Family To Cater For Her” – Family Of Amputee Speaks