At least one person was killed in a tumult at a mosque in Osogbo, the capital of Osun State.
According to the Daily Trust, one Moshood Salawudeen was slain after a masquerade and its followers attacked worshippers within the property where the mosque is located.
On Sunday, June 27, the attackers who passed through Oluode Aranyin’s compound (where the mosque is located) committed the act while attendees were praying under a canopy.
Also in Newzandar News: Meet Brenda Ataga, The Beautiful Wife Of Osifo Ataga, Who Was Reportedly Murdered By His Side Chick
The mosque’s chief imam, Alhaji Quoseem Yunus, who stated there had been no previous quarrel between worshippers and the masquerade, said the attack smashed the mosque’s windows and doors.
According to Yunus, the disguise and his followers first walked through the location without harming the worshippers, but then resurfaced while they were praying.
Those who were injured are being treated at the State Hospital in Osogbo, while the deceased’s remains have been deposited at a morgue.
In other news, three members of an Islamic sect have been arrested by operatives of the Katsina State Police Command.
Also in Newzandar News: Unseen Photo Of ‘Killer’ Of SuperTV CEO, Chidinma Ojukwu Flaunting Her Massive Backside
These three people are members of the Hakika Islamic sect and they were arrested for conspiring to impregnate a married woman under the guise of indoctrinating her into their sect.
In a report by Instablog, the Hakika sect has allegedly been recruiting and indoctrinating adherents into their radical teachings.
A statement by the police indicated that the husband of the lady was the one who made the matter a public matter and was after he returned from Lagos where he has been more than a year seeking greener pastures only to find his wife with a four month-old-baby girl.
- Lol! Watch as the Ugo masquerade laid an egg at the 2023 Enugwu-Ukwu Masquerade festival (video)
- Eid- el-fitr: Imam bars worshippers without face masks from Mosque in Nasarawa
- Osun festival: Ooni says it’s unfair to call devotees idol worshippers
- It is unfair to call Osun worshippers idol worshipers – Ooni of Ife
- Bandits Attack Church In Kaduna, Kill Medical Doctor, Abduct Four Worshippers
- COVID-19: Anglican Bishop warns priests against allowing worshippers without face masks into church
- Mbaka refutes purported video inviting worshippers to Sunday mass
- Pakistan urges worshippers to buy sacrificial animals online to prevent coronavirus surge
- Don’t relent in prayers until COVID-19 is defeated, cleric urges worshippers
- Oyo traditional worshippers stage protest against discrimination, demand 5 public holidays