A Nigerian lady called Genevieve is currently mourning in pain as her mother dies as a result of the “poor healthcare system in Nigeria”.
The businesswoman took to the microblogging platform to disclose that her mother breathed her last after she was diagnosed wrongly and was made to take harmful medications that caused adverse effect to her organs.
Narrating the heartbreaking experience, she wrote;
“My mother didn’t live a long life because of the useless health care system in Nigeria. Misdiagnosed her for WHAT SHE DIDN’T HAVE!! Feeding her with meds upon meds for what she didn’t have!! I watched her die slowly… Cos when she went to different hospitals abroad..
They told her the said organ wasn’t having any issues but had now developed a major issue due to the medications these folks fed her for years.
You see… she was a fighter.. she promised me that she will not die till My lil sis and I are done with secondary school!
This woman never stopped working her ass off!! She made sure we didn’t lack anything!! We never even knew they gave her a said amount of years she will live till I was cleaning her space one day and saw life assurance documents.. I will never forget everything I saw…
I couldn’t eat for weeks, I went back to school in rage!! I couldn’t even focus. I was a mess!! I will quarrel with her like mad when she gets pissed and says “when I’m gone, just in two months you guys will cry and forget me” I will be mad!!
No type of prayer I didn’t say!!
Wanted her HERE!! I wanted to make money and spoil her silly Cos she didn’t stop at any chance to make others happy, my mom sent a huge number of children to school… she did some things that vexed me like mad.. I kept begging her.. mommy what of YOU!!!
Just if this country didn’t fail her!! If she had real friends that pushed her instead of only looking to ‘milk’ her!! If maybe we were more grown up and we could have ‘changed it for her better’.
It been 6 whole years and I have NOT FORGOTTEN YOU MOTHER!!”
- Barcelona out, LaLiga title to be decided on last day between Atletico, RealIn SportsMay 16, 2021This year’s LaLiga title will be decided on the final day of the season in the Spanish topflight. Atletico beat Osasuna 2-1 at home on Sunday, to ...[Read more]
- Suspect in string of NYC bank robberies bustedIn USAMay 16, 2021A convicted serial bank robber is back behind bars after allegedly pulling off a string of Big Apple heists — while still on parole for previous bank ...[Read more]
- Stop Waiting For Aso Rock – Atiku Tells Nigerian GovernorsIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has urged governors from all states to come together and solve the insecurity facing the country ...[Read more]
- Man charged with shattering NYPD patrol car windowIn USAMay 16, 2021The rear windshield of an NYPD patrol car was smashed in Manhattan as officers responded to a call of a man with a knife, the city’s largest police ...[Read more]
- You Don’t Have To Reveal Anything To Be Beautiful — Actress, Olayode Juliana To WomenIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nollywood actress, Juliana Olayode has dished out a word of advice to her fellow ladies in a recent post on social media that has ...[Read more]
- GPLwk25: Hearts beat Elmina Sharks to reclaim second placeIn Ghana, NewsMay 16, 2021Accra Hearts of Oak beat Elmina Sharks 2-0 on Sunday at the Accra Sports Stadium, in a matchday 25 encounter, to move back into second place on the ...[Read more]
- Others Were Accepted But I Was Rejected Thrice At Ritualists Shrine – Nurse Kidnapped In Rivers State Shares Her Chilling EncounterIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT An 18-year-old auxiliary nurse, Rachael David, has narrated how close she came to death as she was abducted by suspected ritualists in ...[Read more]
- “My Lower Body Was Detached From The Upper Body” – Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor A1ccidentIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT According to her, she was involved in a ghastly motor accident on her way back from church and left for dead by the driver and rider. ...[Read more]
- MTA exec accuses mayor of being out of touch with subway safety fearsIn USAMay 16, 2021Mayor Bill de Blasio’s hulking height and security team leave him out of touch with the reality of subway safety, Interim Transit President Sarah ...[Read more]
- ‘Follow Your Wife’- Davido Tells Tiwa Savage Son, Jamil To Take His Rightful Place As Imade’s Future Husband [VIDEO]In Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Interestingly, Nigerian singer and songwriter, David Adeleke popularly known as Davido knows exactly who will put the wedding ring on ...[Read more]