WARRI-MILITANT groups from the nine conditions of the Niger Delta district, which pledged to continue threats, last Monday on the side of #EndSARS fights, set off new nervousness, end of the week, as it presented 11 new requests to the Federal Government.
Head of the militants under the support of Reformed Niger Delta Avengers, RNDA, self-styled “Major General” Johnmark Ezonebi, in an electronic mail articulation, said the alliance had imparted worldwide oil organizations to empty their staff to stay away from human causalities.
RNDA stated: “In support of the existing demands by the #EndSARS protesters, we have added new demands that could stop the mayhem on foreign oil multinationals, oil and gas infrastructures and the Joint Military Task Force involved in the Operation Crocodile Smile in the region.”
“We have vowed to take the destiny of our region into our hands and kick-start the occupation of all the major oil wells and the oil platforms, we will also bring down all major crude oil production pipelines to zero,” it added.
First on the demands of the RNDA is: “Urgent release of the N98 billion gas flare penalty fund to the host communities of the Niger Delta, which are funds domiciled in the Federation Accounts through the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, by the International Oil Companies, IOCs, as payment to compensate the communities being affected in the creeks of the Niger Delta due to their environmental pollutions and environmental hazard caused the multinational oil companies.”
The group recalled the President Muhammadu Buhari administration withdrew $1 billion from the Excess Crude Account sometime in 2019 to acquire heavy weapons to fight Boko Haram insurgents in the North East, adding: “This is wicked and insensitive to the peace accord signed with the people of the Niger Delta region, most especially the RNDA militant group that accepted the ceasefire agreement on 21st of August 2016 and nothing has been done so far.”
“Secondly, we demand the total control of our God -given resources in the region. If some parts of northern states are allowed to operate and will be given license to engage in illegal mining and sale of gold, it means it is time the people of the Niger Delta region, especially the Ijaw ethnic nationality be given equal opportunity to go ahead with artisan and local refining of crude oil in the creeks without any form of intimidation and harassment from the Nigerian government as well.
“Thirdly, RNDA demands that riverine areas in Niger Delta be connected to the cities with roads and bridges with provisions in the 2021 budget. A road project for instance should connect Warri to Ogulagha, Burutu local government area, which is a host to Forcardos Terminal, producing over one million barrels of crude oil that contribute trillions of dollars to the federal government on daily basis.
“Fourthly, the proposed 2021 budget, which appropriated billions of naira to the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio, and the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, should be withdrawn and put on hold and the Minister of the Niger Delta Affairs should not be allowed to defend the proposed budget until the substantive board of the NDDC is inaugurated and sworn in by President Muhammadu Buhari.
“We also demand that Senator Godswill Akpabio be mandated to hold a town hall meeting with the traditional rulers, stakeholders and leadership of RNDA militant group in the creek in order to show a genuine intention that the budget proposal will not witness embezzlement and diversion of billions to Akpabio and his cronies’ pockets without any tangible and practical development in the creeks of the region.”
“And we also demand immediate take- off and re-opening of the Burutu Seaport by the federal government, which should be included in the 2021 budget.
“More importantly to the RNDA militant group, we call for an emergency review of the Revenue Allocation Act in other to give proper interpretation of the 13 per cent derivation funds that will not be deposited in the hands of the so- called inhuman wicked corrupt minded Niger Delta governors that has been pocketing the billions of naira on monthly basis from the federation allocation account without getting to the oil producing communities in the creeks of Niger Delta and without any accountability to the long neglected emancipated oil producing communities that are the original owners of the 13 per cent derivation funds , according to section 162 sub section 2 of the 1991 constitution as amended.
“So we demand proper interpretation of this Act by the Attorney General of the Federation as to the chief law officer of the country because the people of the Niger Delta oil producing communities are tired of this perpetual man-made injustice caused by the so -called Niger Delta callous inhuman wicked and corrupt minded governors.
“We also called for a review of the four-point agreement with the Host Communities of Nigeria, HOSTCOM, which was submitted to the federal government by the national chairman, Prince Mike Emuh, and has not been approved up till date. The provisions of the agreement which include 10,000 pipeline surveillance jobs to the oil producing communities through the leadership of HOSTCOM has not been approved.
“Yet the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC went ahead to award pipeline surveillance contract to one individual, Chief Captain Hosa Wells Okunbor, who is the managing director of Ocean Marine Solutions Company that is handling the pipeline surveillance security contract worth over 18. 6 million dollars annually just for OML30, which is TFP pipeline security surveillance contract alone.
“Not to talk of the Trans Escravos Warri Kaduna pipeline amounting to over 20. 5 million dollars annually and that of the Bonny Nembe Creek trunk pipeline surveillance job that worth over 2.7 million dollars contract in the creek of Niger Delta. RNDA and HOSTCOM are not benefiting from these billion dollars pipeline surveillance security contract jobs in the hands of one individual from Edo state and the situation will not be accepted any more in the creek as far as the pipeline surveillance security contract job is concern.
“Therefore, RNDA demands pipeline security surveillance job to accommodate the members of the Reformed Niger Delta Avengers group, who are over 5,000 in the creek and we will no longer allow this to happen any more in the creek or else we will bring down all the pipelines in our creek within the stipulated time of ultimatum.
“Furthermore, we demand release of the 10 licenses for modular refineries in Niger Delta, which the federal government has not approved up till this moment, yet the Federal Executive Council is approving billions and trillions every week in the presidency through the sales of our crude oil on 1.86 million dollars to 2.2 million dollars barrels on daily basis without any tangible,” the militants said.
- Feds sue NY town for alleged anti-Semitic zoning lawsIn USADecember 3, 2020An New York town’s building laws are engineered to discriminate against Jews, federal prosecutors are alleging — in the third lawsuit against upstate ...[Read more]
- 102-year-old with ‘iron will to live’ survives COVID — twiceIn USADecember 3, 2020A 102-year-old New York woman who lived through the 1918 Spanish Flu and overcame cancer survived not only one — but two bouts with the coronavirus. ...[Read more]
- Midtown a ghost town ahead of Rockefeller Center tree lightingIn USADecember 3, 2020The Ghosts of Christmas Present were about the only ones in in Rockefeller Center ahead of the annual Christmas tree lighting Wednesday night — ...[Read more]
- A Friend In Need Is A Friend Indeed: James Gardiner Supports John Dumelo As His Colleague Actors Campaign Against HimIn GhanaDecember 2, 2020Ghanaian actor, James Gardiner has taken to Instagram to support John Dumelo who is running for Parliament for Ayawaso West Wuogon. – ...[Read more]
- “I Will Find You And Slap You!”- BBNaija’s Tochi Sends Message To TrollsIn BBNaija, Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Tochukwu Okechukwu better known as Tochi, a former Big Brother Naija season 5 housemate, has sent a word of caution to social media trolls and ...[Read more]
- Pol detained trying to give legal help to defiant NYC pub in COVID-19 hotspotIn USADecember 2, 2020Staten Island state Sen. Andrew Lanza was manhandled by sheriffs on Wednesday when he tried to offer pro bono legal help to a defiant bar that’s ...[Read more]
- Rita Dominic Gears Into The Christmas Mood As She Puts Up Her Christmas TreeIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020From all indications, Nigerian celebrities and making it big time in preparation for the yuletide, some are buying the latest cars, receiving huge ...[Read more]
- Lady Incurs The Wrath Of Netizens For Saying She Can’t Date A Man Without A MansionIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Women nowadays go into relationships with different motives and play games that they assured of winning, there no loss for them. – ...[Read more]
- Beautiful Photos Of Jennifer Awele Pop Up 6 Years After She Got Married To Junior PopeIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Six years after she got married to popular movie actor Junior Pope Odonwodo, Jennifer Awele is looking so good in her recent photos. It only took ...[Read more]
- Meet The Dazzling 23 Year Old Lady Who Claims She Has Been In A Secret Affair With Burna Boy For YearsIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Nigerian rapper, Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, known professionally as Burna Boy, has been making headlines ever since a lady who has only been identified ...[Read more]