Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami has revealed that funds looted by former Delta Governor, James Ibori will be recovered by Nigeria soon.
Umar Gwandu, spokesman of Malami released a statement that revealed that Nigeria was on the way to receive the funds but it has to follow some strict documentation and formalities.
The statement read: “Documentations with the banks in different countries often take longer than anticipated. We anticipated two weeks but we are not in control of the banks. There is neither complacency nor any delay as efforts are being made to ensure successful transfer of the looted funds,”
The United Kingdom government repatriated an amount of £4.2 million believed to have been stolen by James Ibori during his time as governor.
Delta state Governor, Ifeanyi Okowa has formally written a protest letter to President Buhari, for the refund of £4.2 million James Ibori looted from the state.
In his words: “I have spoken with the attorney-general of the federation. My attorney-general went to have a meeting with him. I think that we are working and we are likely to come on the same page. We have written a formal letter of protest to Mr President.
“In the same manner of the relationship created between the UK and Nigeria, we also expect that the Nigerian Government will do the same thing by being magnanimous to return the money back to the source, which is Delta State.”
“We have made two suggestions; return the money directly to us or apply it directly to projects that we feel are of importance and are in Delta State so that Deltans can directly benefit from the repatriated funds and I don’t think anybody can fault that line (of thinking).”
- US Stripper, Symba Includes Nigeria In The List Of Places Not To Visit For Plastic SurgeryIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT American stripper and adult entertainer, Symbaserothick has taken to social media to warn her fellow ladies who have plans of going ...[Read more]
- GPLwk23: Karela finally win; Dwarfs vs Legon Cities abandoned after fans threatened RefereesIn Ghana, NewsMay 9, 2021Karela United finally secured a win at the 6th time of asking since the second round of the league started more than one month ago with a hard fought ...[Read more]
- Man joyfully tattoos face of reality star, Mercy Eke on his arm (Video)In Celebrity NewsMay 9, 2021Die-hard fan inks the tattoo of the face of his favourite reality star, Mercy Eke, a.k.a Lambo on his arm as he joyfully shows it off. A video making ...[Read more]
- Times Square shooter was allegedly aiming for his brother, sources revealIn USAMay 9, 2021The NYPD is still hunting for the suspect, identified by sources as 31-year-old illegal CD peddler Farrakhan Muhammad. The suspected Times Square ...[Read more]
- Video shows ‘hero’ NYPD cop running with wounded child after Times Square shootingIn USAMay 9, 2021Stunning surveillance footage captures a “hero” female cop frantically running through Times Square with the youngest victim of Saturday’s shooting ...[Read more]
- “Never set out to make money from your customers” – Reno Omokri warn entrepreneursIn Celebrity NewsMay 9, 2021Public speaker and author, Reno Omokri has urged entrepreneurs to desist from making money from their customers, urging them to add meaning to their ...[Read more]
- “New meme loading” – Reactions as Osita Iheme “Pawpaw” shares photo of himself drinking waterIn Celebrity NewsMay 9, 2021Netizens react as a veteran pint-size actor, Osita Iheme, popularly known as “Pawpaw” shares a cool picture of himself drinking table water. The ...[Read more]
- MTA’s Sarah Feinberg says subway safety will improve as riders returnIn USAMay 9, 2021New York City’s subways will be safer once the subways hit 4 or 5 million daily riders, Interim Transit President Sarah Feinberg said Sunday — while ...[Read more]
- Niger boat accident death toll hits 28In Local News, NewsMay 9, 2021The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) busted a drug cartel that sells drugged cookies, cakes, and brownies to residents of Abuja and ...[Read more]
- Abuja: NDLEA bursts cartel selling drugs online, arrests 5In Local NewsMay 9, 2021The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) busted a drug cartel that sells drugged cookies, cakes, and brownies to residents of Abuja and ...[Read more]