The Indigenous People of Biafra, (IPOB), has warned the Muhammadu Buhari-led government against allowing any harm befall its leader, Nnamdi Kanu.
This was contained in a statement issued by IPOB Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, on Wednesday.
The secessionist group asked members to mobilize and storm the court on July 26, the date of Kanu’s next hearing.
IPOB also said it would expose details of “his abduction later.”
The statement read; “Our leader Onyendu Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is presently in the custody of the Nigeria Government. This evil crime of kidnapping was masterminded by the Nigeria Government in collaboration with all those that view IPOB and Mazi Nnamdi Kanu as stumbling block against their bid to hold Biafra in perpetual slavery.
“We, therefore, enjoin every IPOB member both at home and in the Diaspora and all Biafrans to remain calm because this is not the end of the road. Our Leader’s next court appearance is July 26, 2023 and Biafrans should mobilize and attend the court hearing.
“IPOB will not relent in the pursuit of Biafra freedom. We have crossed the Rubicon in our struggle for the restoration of Biafran Sovereignty. There is no going back no matter the level of intimidation by our oppressors.
“Our Leader can never be coerced into abandoning the struggle for Biafra restoration irrespective of the circumstance. At this very challenging moment in the history of our march to freedom, all IPOB family members must stand firm and resolute behind our selfless leader. We stand by him and the God of Heavens in whom we trust and rest our confidence shall not let us down. We shall triumph!
“We remind the Nigeria government and her security agencies that our Leader deserves justice and fair hearing. We also want to state unequivocally, that no harm should befall our leader. Should anything untoward happen to him, Nigeria Government will be held accountable for it.
“We are watching closely and all our intelligence units, are following up on the developments. The international community should not be quiet over the atrocities of the Nigeria Government against Biafrans. They must rise in defense of justice now!”
Kanu, was on Tuesday rearraigned in the Federal High court, Abuja and subsequently remanded in the custody of the Department of State Services, DSS, following his arraignment on Tuesday before a Federal High Court in Abuja.
Nigerian News – CorrectNG
- Nnamdi Kanu orders IPOB to Kill security agents as Ohanaeze begs IPOB to resist taking up arms
- Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested In Kenya – Nnamdi Kanu’s Sibling Reveals
- Nnamdi Kanu does not speak for the Igbo Nation, Joe Igbokwe blast Nnamdi Kanu
- IPOB Asks Members To Flood Abuja For Nnamdi Kanu’s Court Hearing On July 26
- Thousands Of IPOB Members, Supporters Protest Over Nnamdi Kanu’s In Portharcourt (Video)
- IPOB Asks Members To Boycott Kenyan Airlines, Others Over Country’s Involvement In Extradition Of Nnamdi Kanu
- IPOB asks members to boycott Kenyan airlines over involvement in Nnamdi Kanu’s arrest, extradition
- IPOB Tells Members To Flood Abuja For Nnamdi Kanu’s Court Hearing On July 26
- Don’t Attack Yoruba – Nnamdi Kanu Warns IPOB Members
- Don’t Attack Yoruba People, Nnamdi Kanu Warns IPOB Members