A sibling of Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) identified as Kingsley Kanu has made it known that his brother was apprehended in Kenya.
In a statement disclosed on Wednesday, June 30, Kingsley revealed that Nnamdi was detained by Kenyan authorities until he was extradited to Nigeria.
“My brother Nnamdi Kanu demands the right to self-determination for Biafra. Self-determination is the right to that underpins the United Nations. Because Biafrans support Nnamdi Kanu’s call for Biafran self-determination, my brother has now been subjected to the most serious violations of international law.
My brother has been subject to extraordinary rendition by Kenya and Nigeria. They have violated the most basic principles of the rule of law. Extraordinary rendition is one of the most serious crimes states can commit. Both Nigeria and Kenya must be held to account. I demand justice for my brother, Nnamdi Kanu.
The British High Commission in Nigeria must insist upon my brother’s immediate release. They must guarantee his safety and security. Nnamdi Kanu must be returned home to the UK to his wife and his sons who live here. The Foreign Secretary, Dominic Raab, must make clear to the Nigerian authorities that they will not tolerate the unlawful detention of British citizens and that the UK Government condemns the Nigerians and Kenyans for undermining the rule of law.
Foreign Secretary Raab must be clear. There will be consequences for those who resort to extraordinary rendition. The British Government must insist upon justice for Nnamdi Kanu.”
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanus should rethink, Special offer await you – Orji Kalu
- Biafra: 10 more Nnamdi Kanus will arise – Omokri dares Buhari
- Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested In Kenya – Brother, Emmanuel Kanu Reveals
- “I Was Arrested, Tortured In Kenya For 8 Days” – Nnamdi Kanu Reveals To Lawyer
- BREAKING: How IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested In Kenya, Unlawfully Extradited To Nigeria—Family
- Boy breaks down in tears as his mum reveals she’s pregnant, says he doesn’t want another sibling bothering him (Video)
- Nnamdi Kanu does not speak for the Igbo Nation, Joe Igbokwe blast Nnamdi Kanu
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest: British lawyers drags Kenya to ICC, give Buhari govt 48 hours ultimatum
- UK Parliament set to discuss abduction, repatriation of Nnamdi Kanu from Kenya to Nigeria
- I Was Mercilessly Beaten In Kenya – Nnamdi Kanu Tells Lawyer, Ejiofor