The camp of Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State has reacted after the presidency lashed out at him for criticizing the government.
Terver Akase, Chief Press Secretary of Ortom released a statement that faulted the way the presidency through Garba Shehu wrote about Ortom’s critique of the government.
Part of the statement read: We read the statement signed by Senior Special Assistant to the President on media and publicity, mallam Garba Shehu in which he said President Muhammadu Buhari had expressed “his disappointment and sadness to hear Samuel Ortom, the Governor of Benue State make a litany of accusations against his person and his government following the recent unfortunate incidents in the state”. Shehu was referring to Governor Ortom’s clarion call on the President to act decisively and in an unbiased manner to end the spate of killings by Fulani herdsmen in Benue and other parts of the country.
We are convinced that Mr President was not aware that his aide Shehu made such a statement on his behalf. It is clear that the media aide didn’t speak for the President in the said statement. President Buhari wouldn’t have given approval for such a reckless and insensitive press release.
What is wrong with Governor Ortom’s call on the President to address the nation, convene a national security summit and declare a state of emergency on security, following the spate of killings taking place in Benue and the remaining states of the federation?
Governor Ortom is not the only one who is worried by the worsening security situation in the country and has called on the President to rise to his responsibilities by declaring a state of emergency on security and convening a summit to address the numerous security challenges bedeviling the nation. Many other Nigerians of good conscience have at different times made similar calls. What the Governor therefore deserves is commendation and not condemnation.
Source: www.Newzandar News.com
- Malami deserves commendation for exposing wroth in EFCC — South East Group
- Buhari’s generousity toward IDPs deserves special commendation — Bagudu
- Buhari’s generosity toward IDPs deserves special commendation — Gov Bagudu
- ”You cannot bring down what is already down” – Aisha Yesufu replies Garba Shehu who said nobody can bring down Buhari’s govt
- BREAKING: Despite Condemnation By Nigerians, Senate Sets To Clear Buhari’s Aide, Onochie As INEC Commissioner
- A Lady’s Condemnation Of Mbaka’s Bbnija’s Winner Prophecy
- Yahaya Bello’s public condemnation of thuggery is a serious sign of psychotic disorder and mental inherited hormonal imbalance- Dino Melaye
- IPOB Pays $85,000 To Mike Pompeo: “Now The Whole World Know Where Our Money Goes” – Nnamdi Kanu replies Garba Shehu
- Herdsmen: Ondo Govt blasts Garba Shehu, says he spoke for herdsmen, not Buhari
- Leave Herdsmen alone, they are not terrorists, whether you like it or not i have spoken – Garba Shehu Says