The People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Abia State has dismissed the claim of a former governor in the state, Dr Orji Uzor Kalu on social media that the incumbent, Okezie Ikpeazu had planned to defect from PDP to the APC, as a precondition to winning his last electoral mandate at the Supreme Court.
In a statement made available to DAILY POST, the state publicity secretary of PDP, Fabian Nwankwo said the electoral matters of the Supreme Court has never been decided based on the defection of a politician from one political party to another.
He also described the false allegations as a mere attempt to achieve cheap popularity and distract the public from commending Governor Okezie Ikpeazu on his numerous achievements.
Nwankwo also advised APC leaders to prevail on President Mohammadu Buhari to tackle the growing insecurity, Economic retrogression, social injustice and decay of infrastructures in the country rather than making frivolous claims about the dynamic governor.
He reaffirmed PDP’s confidence on Ikpeazu to continue leading the party to greater heights, adding that the Governor has never contemplated or has any desire to leave PDP to another party.
He also urged Abians and PDP loyalists to ignore rumour peddlers with false information and sustain their support for the Governor to remain focused on delivering dividends of democracy to the people.
- Kidnapped Ekiti businessman, Suleiman Akinbami regains freedomIn Local NewsJanuary 17, 2021The Ogun State Police Command has arrested three suspected armed robbers. The Police said the suspects had come from Lagos State to carry out a ...[Read more]
- Buhari reacts to death of Jubril Martins-KuyeIn NewsJanuary 17, 2021Anambra Civil Society Network (ACSONET) a platform for Citizens and Non-State Actors have condemned the crisis between Aguleri and Umueri Communities ...[Read more]
- Mesut Ozil confirms new shirt numberIn SportsJanuary 17, 2021Former Manchester United defender John O’shea has named former Red Devils teammate, Rio Ferdinand as the club’s signing in recent years. Rio ...[Read more]
- Group condemns Aguleri, Umuleri crisis, task traditional rulers on peaceIn NewsJanuary 17, 2021Anambra Civil Society Network (ACSONET) a platform for Citizens and Non-State Actors have condemned the crisis between Aguleri and Umueri Communities ...[Read more]
- Boko Haram sect has Christians, white men, Asians as members – Borno gov, ZulumIn Boko Haram, NewsJanuary 17, 2021
- Schools’ resumption scheduled for 18th January still stands – Kano govtIn NewsJanuary 17, 2021
- Nigerian students can’t remain at home indefinitely – Colleges of Education UnionIn NewsJanuary 17, 2021
- Fayemi appoints Adeniyi Familoni Judge of Ekiti State High CourtIn NewsJanuary 17, 2021
- Accra: Kia truck grinds Military man in gory Sunday accident; driver bolts!In Ghana, NewsJanuary 17, 2021A Military personnel belonging to the Southern Command has been crushed to death in a gory accident. According to report from the Ghana Police ...[Read more]
- Ofosu Ampofo lacing his boots to contest for NDC’s 2024 flagbearership – Gabby hintsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 17, 2021A leading member of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko has hinted of the NDC’s National Chairman’s decision to contest for the ...[Read more]