Parents of the students of the College of Forestry Mechanisation, Afaka in Kaduna State who were abducted two months ago by bandits, have staged a protest at the National Assembly complex in the Federal Capital Territory.
Members of the Students Union Government (SUG) of the school also participated in the protest which took place on Tuesday, May 4.
Ad. Click here to learn cryptocurrency trading for free, take your slot now. Powered by Correct Bro Team on Telegram.
The protesters chanted solidarity songs and displayed placards to express their disappointment with the way the Nigerian government has handled the abduction of their children and colleagues.
Angelina Babale one of the mothers spoke with Channels TV in Pidgin English. In an emotion-laden voice, she said she has been enveloped in grief since the abduction of her daughter.
Another mother of the abducted students, Rabi Magaji Zakariah, who is a widow, wept profusely during the protest.
“I feel it. I carried him in my tummy for nine months. I trained him for 27 months
“I no fit sleep, I look back I look front, I no see my boy,” she said amid tears.
Sahara Reporters publisher, Omoyele Sowore and avtivist, Deji Adeyanju, who joined in the protest also expressed disappointment with the handling of security by the government.
However, security operatives at the entrance of the Assembly complex denied the protesters access into the premises.
39 students of the College of Forestry Mechanisation were abducted from their hostels by bandits dressed in military uniform on March 11. Ten of them were later released in two batches of five each, leaving 29 students with their abductors.
- Seyi Shay Highlights One Of The Many Disadvantages Of Being PrettyIn Nigeria NewsMay 6, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Singer Seyi Shay has highlighted one of the many disadvantages of being pretty as people always only talk about the advantages pretty ...[Read more]
- Europa League: Arsenal eliminated, Villarreal to face Man Utd in finalIn SportsMay 6, 2021Chelsea striker, Timo Werner, has given teammate, N’Golo Kante, a new name following their side’s UEFA Champions League, UCL, semi-final second-leg ...[Read more]
- Two persons killed as armed robbers attack bullion van in OndoIn Local NewsMay 6, 2021Two persons were on Thursday evening killed in Ondo State following an attack on a bullion van by gunmen suspected to be armed robbers. The gunmen ...[Read more]
- UCL: Chelsea striker, Timo Werner gives N’Golo Kante new nameIn SportsMay 6, 2021Chelsea striker, Timo Werner, has given teammate, N’Golo Kante, a new name following their side’s UEFA Champions League, UCL, semi-final second-leg ...[Read more]
- Zidane may resign after Chelsea dump Real Madrid out of Champions LeagueIn SportsMay 6, 2021Real Madrid forward, Eden Hazard, was pictured laughing with a Chelsea defender after LaLiga giants were defeated 2-0 at Stamford Bridge on ...[Read more]
- PSG shortlist players to offload after Champions League failureIn SportsMay 6, 2021Real Madrid forward, Eden Hazard, was pictured laughing with a Chelsea defender after LaLiga giants were defeated 2-0 at Stamford Bridge on ...[Read more]
- Nigerian Lady Pens Down Love Letter To Her FianceeIn Nigeria NewsMay 6, 2021ADVERTISEMENT According to her, the love she has for him is over the moon stating that she has been in a relationship with this guy for four years. ...[Read more]
- Davido gifts daughter, Imade brand new Range Rover SUV ahead of her 6th birthday (Video)In Celebrity NewsMay 6, 2021Popular Afrobeat star, Davido Adeleke gifts his daughter, Imade Adeleke, a brand new Range Rover SUV in anticipation of her 6th birthday. The ...[Read more]
- Lawsuit says Bagel Bites aren’t made with ‘real’ mozzarellaIn LifestyleMay 6, 2021Did someone cut the cheese? On April 29, Wisconsin resident Kaitlyn Huber filed a lawsuit claiming that the pizza-flavored Bagel Bites don’t actually ...[Read more]
- UCL: Eden Hazard caught laughing with Chelsea players after Real Madrid’s 2-0 defeatIn SportsMay 6, 2021Real Madrid midfielder, Toni Kroos, has reacted to Chelsea’s Mason Mount comments in the wake of their Champions League semi-final second-leg defeat ...[Read more]