The Akwa Ibom state police command has confirmed reports that Ini Umoren, the young lady who went missing after going for an interview, was raped, murdered, and buried in a shallow grave.
In a new statement issued by the police, it has officially been confirmed that the young later who stated that she’s desperately looking for a job on Twitter which has unfortunately led to her sad demise that has thrown social media into a state of mourning was actually raped before she was murdered.
The spokesperson of the state police command, Odiko Mcdon, said the state police command has arrested Uduak Frank Akpan (20) for “kidnapping, raping, and killing the victim”. Odiko said the command received a report of the deceased’s disappearance on April 30 and deployed a team of officers from its anti-kidnapping squad who arrested the suspect.
Mcdon stated that Akpan confessed to kidnapping the victim.
Men of the anti-kidnapping squad… arrested the perpetrator who confessed to luring his victim to his house in the guise of giving her a job, but ended up sexually and physically assaulting her which led to her death.
To cover his tracks, he dragged and buried her in a shallow grave in his father’s compound. The deceased has been exhumed and deposited at UUTH (University of Uyo Teaching Hospital) for autopsy.
The suspect confessed to have told his local government chairman of his atrocity before escaping to Calabar and was never at any time handed over to the police by anyone”he said
Mcdon said the police have commenced an investigation on the incident, adding that the suspect will be charged to court. He also urged job seekers to be wary of online scammers.
- ‘Follow Your Wife’- Davido Tells Tiwa Savage Son, Jamil To Take His Rightful Place As Imade’s Future Husband [VIDEO]In Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Interestingly, Nigerian singer and songwriter, David Adeleke popularly known as Davido knows exactly who will put the wedding ring on ...[Read more]
- Mom of teen shot dead in Bronx says she can’t afford to pay for funeralIn USAMay 16, 2021The heartbroken mom of a Bronx teenager shot dead Saturday night is desperately seeking answers in his death — as she worries about paying for his ...[Read more]
- Poll: Majority of NYC Dem voters support city subway and bus takeoverIn USAMay 16, 2021Most Democratic New York City voters want the next mayor to wrest control of the city’s subways and buses from Gov. Andrew Cuomo and the state ...[Read more]
- COVID-19 jabs to continue in four subway stations despite small turnoutIn USAMay 16, 2021New York will continue to administer COVID-19 jabs at four MTA train stations — even though the pilot program has doled out fewer than 50 percent of ...[Read more]
- Three violent attacks mark another morning of NYC subway mayhemIn USAMay 16, 2021One straphanger was robbed at gunpoint and two others socked in the face early Sunday morning in another round of public transit violence, according ...[Read more]
- Man charged with biting, choking good Samaritan in subway attackIn USAMay 16, 2021A 44-year-old Manhattan man was charged Sunday with biting and choking a good Samaritan who tried to stop him from harassing a straphanger on the ...[Read more]
- ‘My Girlfriend Doesn’t Know How to Apply Makeup’- Man ComplainsIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021A man has told famed relationship doctor, Joro Olumofin that her girlfriend is very ‘wack’ in applying makeup and it’s so awkward that he needs help ...[Read more]
- Police smash drug-peddling gang in Cross RiverIn Local NewsMay 16, 2021Police command in Cross River State has smashed drug-peddling gang in Calabar, the state capital. The Commissioner of Police, Sikiru Akande, led the ...[Read more]
- ”You See Only Shopping Malls, Event Centers And Hotels In Villages Of Service Chiefs”- Senator Shehu SaniIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021Senator Shehu Sani has weighed on the defence of Nigeria and the military’s inadequate weapons and equipment. According to him, the Government ...[Read more]
- #GPLwk25: Kotoko, Olympics drop points; Inter Allies thump Berekum ChelseaIn Ghana, NewsMay 16, 2021Relegation threatened Inter Allies provided the shocker of the round as they handed themselves a lifeline in the 5-0 thumping of Berekum Chelsea in a ...[Read more]