President Muhammadu Buhari has approved salary increment for men and officers of the Nigeria Police Force.
The salary increment, Newzandar News learnt, cuts across all ranks of the force.
The Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, disclosed this on Thursday during his visit to the Ogun State Police Command.
Adamu’s visit to Ogun State was part of his efforts to boost the morale of police officers after the attack on them during the recent End SARS protest.
While addressing officers of the command, Adamu urged them not to be demoralised by the attacks suffered during the protest.
He charged them not to be afraid of carrying out their duties as a result of the criticisms against them, saying no society survives without the police.
Adamu revealed that the President Muhammadu Buhari administration has taken various steps to reform the Nigerian police.
According to him, “The government has approved an extension of health scheme to retired police personnel. The police salary structure has been reviewed upward, affecting all ranks.”
He added further that plans have been concluded for the renovation of police barracks across the nation.
In his words, the State Commissioner of Police, Edward Ajogun, said the IGP’s visit would re-awaken the dampened morale of the police officers in the state.
Ajogun explained that, about seven divisional headquarters were vandalized in the state, while the DCO of Atan-Ota division, DSP Ogbeche, lost his life.
He added that the police in Ogun have since returned to their duty posts, saying it is their duty to protect lives and property
- Abia Monarch, Eze Bernard Enweremadu passes onIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021A foremost traditional Ruler in Nigeria and Eze Ukwu of Ngwa land, Eze Dr Bernard Enweremadu has passed on at the age of 77 years. Announcing the ...[Read more]
- This service helps elderly NYC residents get COVID-19 vaccine appointmentsIn USAJanuary 23, 2021These good Samaritans are giving seniors their best shot! Tech-savvy angels are helping elderly New York City residents book online appointments for ...[Read more]
- Bauchi govt commences fumigation to curb malariaIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021In a collaboration aimed at eradicating malaria in the state, the Bauchi State Environmental Protection Agency (BASEPA) and the Bauchi State Agency ...[Read more]
- Trump’s Tenure Was Just A Short Window Of Grace – Mike BamiloyeIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 23, 2021Photos Credit: Getty Pastor and founder of Nigeria’s renown drama ministry, Mount Zion films Mike Bamiloye has given his own opinion on the ...[Read more]
- Olubadan states position on tension in OyoIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021
- BREAKING: Again, truck kills scores in Ondo community, varsity students among casualtiesIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021
- Northern groups warn Southwest on Fulani treatmentIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021
- Two Years After Split, Adele Reaches £140m Divorce Settlement With Estranged Husband Simon KoneckiIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsJanuary 23, 2021Adele has reached a divorce settlement with her estranged husband Simon Konecki, almost two years after they separated. The singer announced she had ...[Read more]
- James Dolan forms political expenditure committee ahead of 2021 NYC mayor’s raceIn USAJanuary 23, 2021Madison Square Garden boss James Dolan has placed a $4 million bet on the upcoming NYC mayoral election — and he’s hoping to have better luck in ...[Read more]
- Zamfara Police Command pledges to tackle banditry, kidnappingIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021