President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday in Abuja assured of more inclusion of women in governance.
He also reaffirmed the commitment of his administration to end child marriage and boost girl-child education.
Buhari spoke when a group of Nigerian women led by Minister of Women Affairs, Pauline Tallen, visited him at the State House.
The Nigerian leader said he understood that when women hold strategic leadership positions both in government and the private sector, development will be accelerated.
“I want to reassure you that this administration remains resolute to not only meet the 35 percent National Gender Policy, but to exceed it across key decision making roles in government.’’
He advocated that the on-going Constitutional Review processes at all levels institutionalize accountability mechanisms and frameworks in the implementation of the National Gender Policy.
- FA Cup: Arteta under fire for selecting Willian, Pepe in 1-0 defeat to SouthamptonIn SportsJanuary 23, 2021Arsenal legend, Paul Merson, has questioned Mikel Arteta’s selection as the team crashed out of the FA Cup on Saturday. The Gunners lost 1-0 to ...[Read more]
- ‘My Mum’s Body Is Natural’ – Actress Biodun Okeowo’s DaughterIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsJanuary 23, 2021Victoria, the daughter of popular Yoruba actress, Biodun Okeowo, has in a recent interview with City People described how she feels whenever ...[Read more]
- “A woman’s happiest day isn’t her wedding day” – Actress, EtinosaIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 23, 2021Nollywood actress and mother of one, Etinosa Idemudia has said that the happiest day in a woman’s life isn’t her wedding day. The beautiful thespian ...[Read more]
- Piers Morgan’s tribute to Larry King is so shady…In NewsJanuary 23, 2021Piers Morgan took to Twitter to pay tribute to Larry King after the legendary talk show host passed but his choice of words raised brows. Piers ...[Read more]
- Abia Monarch, Eze Bernard Enweremadu passes onIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021A foremost traditional Ruler in Nigeria and Eze Ukwu of Ngwa land, Eze Dr Bernard Enweremadu has passed on at the age of 77 years. Announcing the ...[Read more]
- National Assembly postpones resumption till FebruaryIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021The National Assembly’s resumption which was initially scheduled for January 26 has been postponed till February 9. The postponement ...[Read more]
- Boko Haram and bandits have been largely curtailed – Chief of Air Staff, Sadique AbubakarIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar has said that the attacks of Boko Haram terrorists in the northeast and bandits in the ...[Read more]
- This service helps elderly NYC residents get COVID-19 vaccine appointmentsIn USAJanuary 23, 2021These good Samaritans are giving seniors their best shot! Tech-savvy angels are helping elderly New York City residents book online appointments for ...[Read more]
- Bauchi govt commences fumigation to curb malariaIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021In a collaboration aimed at eradicating malaria in the state, the Bauchi State Environmental Protection Agency (BASEPA) and the Bauchi State Agency ...[Read more]
- Trump’s Tenure Was Just A Short Window Of Grace – Mike BamiloyeIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 23, 2021Photos Credit: Getty Pastor and founder of Nigeria’s renown drama ministry, Mount Zion films Mike Bamiloye has given his own opinion on the ...[Read more]