Information gathered by Newzandar News.com indicates that embattled Nollywood actor, Olanrewaju Omiyinka aka Baba Ijesha who was accused of raping a 14-year-old girlf is set to be released from police custody due to the ongoing strike by members of the Judicial Staff Union of Nigeria, which has made it impossible for the courts to sit.
Newzandar News Newspaper reported that, a senior police officer in Lagos State disclosed that a directive has been issued to release him within the next 24 hours as the suspect could not be detained indefinitely without trial.
According to the source:
“There was no case of defilement, people are just talking out of sentiment. They are not talking from the point of law. We interviewed all parties involved in the case for three hours today (Wednesday).
The mother complained that her child was at the age of seven when she was defiled and the child pointed at Baba Ijesha. But the case was not reported until she was 14 years and under the law, the case has become statute-barred.
Regarding this new case, the CCTV footage has been assessed and nowhere was it captured that Baba Ijesha defiled her. The footage only showed him touching the victim’s body but it never showed him having any sexual intercourse with the girl.
The girl also confirmed the same thing. So, in law, it is a case of indecent assault and not sexual harassment, and it is open to bail. So, can we continue to keep him when the offence is subject to bail and when there is no court sitting?
That is against his fundamental human rights and the police do not work on sentiments. Directives have been given out for his release on bail.”
- Actor, Mr Latin Talks On Baba Ijesha Molestation Case Against Baba Ijesha (VIDEO)
- Alleged defilement: Iyabo Ojo vows to rearrest Baba Ijesha if released
- Baba Ijesha Rape Case: Princess Set Him Up But God Will See Him Through – Actress, Bukky Black [VIDEO]
- Ahkan Discloses That He Hasnt Received Not a Penny For Writing Ebony’s Hit Song, ‘Poison’ From Bullet
- ‘I Am Sorry’- Actress Abiodun Adebimpe Apologizes After Defending Baba Ijesha Over His Rape Case
- Yomi Fabiyi Dragged For Making A Movie With The Baba Ijesha Rape Case And Using Real Names
- Yomi Fabiyi Makes Movie About Baba Ijesha Rape Case And Uses Real Names
- Baba Ijesha’s Rape Case: Hear His Side Of The Story – Abiodun Adebimpe Pleads With Nigerians
- I’m Emotionally Shattered’ — Actress Biodun Okeowo Reacts To Baba Ijesha’s Rape Case
- Baba Ijesha Rape Case: Nkechi Blessing Blasts Those Defending Him And Asking For Evidence