Reno Omokri has faulted Islamic scholar, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi over some statements he made about the IPOB as he compared them with bandits and killer herdsmen.
According to Gumi, banditry is a business, and gunmen would not have had access to weapons without the support of some security personnel.
In his words: “These bandits, if you don’t know, are cooperating with a lot of bad elements in our security system. This is a business. So many people are involved, you’ll be so surprised.”
“They were caught in Zamfara; they were caught everywhere, how do these big weapons cross our borders? How can these big weapons cross our borders and get into the forest without the cooperation of some bad element of the security operatives assisting them? It’s not possible. If I give you the same amount of guns can you take it to the UK? You can’t, because the security is alert. Part of fighting this banditry is to overhaul our security system.”
He asked the government and Nigerians not to compare the IPOB and bandits.
He said: “IPOB is attacking the police, the army, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and other government institutions; killing our men in service.”
“And the herdsmen are kidnapping children not to kill them but to get money; so how can you compare somebody who is killing our gallant men directly to somebody who is kidnapping children to make money and not to kill them. Look, we need some fairness in what we are doing,”
According to Reno, Gumi would set the nation on fire if he is allowed to make divisive statements.
Omokri took to his twitter page and wrote: “What is wrong with this man? Herdsmen don’t just abduct schoolchildren. Even if that is true (it is not), what is ‘only’ about that? Herdsmen have killed thousands of citizens in every Nigerian state. Gumi may set Nigeria on fire. How can he say this and walk free?”
Source: Newzandar News
- Biafra: Discuss with Nnamdi Kanu’s IPOB – Sheikh Gumi tells Buhari
- IPOB, #ESN kills security agents, but Bandits only kidnap children for money — Sheikh Gumi
- We Must Be Mad To Allow A Character Like Sheikh Gumi Comes On TV To Say Herdsmen Don’t Kill – Reno Omokri
- “Are we not mad?” Reno Omokri questions as he calls out Sheikh Gumi
- “Hell-fire Awaits You”-Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Sheikh Gumi For Describing Bandits As ‘Victims’
- El-Rufai, Sheikh Gumi Are Nigeria’s Problem, We Don’t Want To See Them Again—Guru Maharaj Ji
- Security Agents Must Go After Bandits And Kill Them All — Aisha Yesufu Says As She Drags Sheikh Gumi Over His Appeal For Bandits
- It Is Not Fair To Compare Herdsmen To IPOB Because They Only Kidnap Children For Money While IPOB Kill Security Agents – Sheik Gumi (video)
- DSS reportedly invites Sheikh Gumi
- Photos: 600 bandits and their commanders terrorizing Kaduna agree to surrender arms after meeting with Islamic scholar Sheikh Gumi in the forest