Six lives were claimed in a horrible accident that happened on Tuesday morning around Ajede Ogbere in Ijebu Ode-Ore on the Sagamu-Benin Expressway.
The accident was confirmed by Mr Ahmed Umar, the sector commander, Federal Road Safety Corpse in Ogun saying it was a tragic incident involving three vehicles, a Mazda bus makred JJJ 862 XV, a Toyota Sienna with registration number KRD 306 BJ and a Mercedes Benz with registration number AGL 05 XZ.
An overtaking which went wrong led to the accident that happened at 12:01 am. The driver of the Luxurious Mercedes Benz lost control of the vehicle.
READ ALSO: Man And His Pregnant Wife Killed By Hit-and-run Driver Four Months After Their Wedding in Delta
According to Ahmed, six persons were declared dead out of the 39 people who were involved in the accident, 25 of which are males and the remaining 14 being females.
He said, “The suspected causes of the multiple crashes were wrongful overtaking and excessive speed on the part of the Luxurious bus driver which led to the loss of control.
“The luxurious bus hit the incoming Sienna car and the Mazda bus.
“Immediately, the driver ran away because all the occupant in the Sienna vehicle lost their lives while those in the Mazda bus sustained injuries.”
The remains of the departed souls were deposited at the morgue of the General Hospital Ijebu Ode while four others who sustained severe injuries were rushed to the same hospital for medical treatment.
He took the chance to urge drivers to desist from careless driving and over speeding. The FRSC boss sympathized with the families of the victims and adjured them to reach out to the FRSC Command in Ogbere to claim the belongings of the victims.
- Nigerians in diaspora with expired passports can come back home for renewal – FGIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, says Nigerians in diaspora with expired passports can return home for the renewal “without fear of ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: FG re-imposes curfew, restriction on mass gatheringIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021The Federal Government has re-introduced a nationwide curfew to curtail further spread of COVID-19. National Incident Manager, Mukhtar Mohammed, ...[Read more]
- No Body Has A Manual To Keep A Man – Nkechi Blessing Subtly ShadesIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Actress Nkechi Blessing has subtly shaded her colleagues whose marriage has ended saying no one has a manual to keep a man and a ...[Read more]
- “There’s nothing worse than a broke famous person” – DJ Big NIn Celebrity NewsMay 10, 2021Nigerian hip-hop Dj Big N dishes out advice to entrepreneurs and his fans as he disclosed there’s nothing worse than a broke famous person. Big N ...[Read more]
- NYC shootings keep soaring, up 86 percent over 2020: NYPD dataIn USAMay 10, 2021The gun violence in Gotham more than doubled last week — capped by a wild shooting in Times Square that left a 4-year-old girl among three people ...[Read more]
- “Nobody has a manual to keep a man” – Nkechi Blessing renders advice to ladiesIn Celebrity NewsMay 10, 2021Nollywood actress, Nkechi Blessing Sunday has disclosed that there’s no manual in keeping a man that has refused to stay with his woman. She took to ...[Read more]
- I No Get Sugar Daddy, Pls Patronize Me – Tacha Cries Out (Video)In Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021ADVERTISEMENT BBNaij a star Tacha ADVERTISEMENT has cried out to her fans and followers and all Nigerians begging them to patronize her as she ...[Read more]
- Leopard still on the loose a week after escaping from Chinese zooIn LifestyleMay 10, 2021This big cat is still on the lam. Weeks after three leopards escaped from an eastern China safari park, one is still at large — and the park is ...[Read more]
- NYC subway stations will now offer COVID-19 vaccinesIn USAMay 10, 2021Some Big Apple subways and LIRR and Metro-North stations are being turned into pop-up COVID-19 vaccination sites this week in an effort to boost ...[Read more]
- Buhari told to hoist Biafran flag in Aso RockIn Biafra, NewsMay 10, 2021Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike has promised to give the sum N20 million each to the families of police officers killed during the recent attacks ...[Read more]