Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has reacted to the sudden death of Nigerian rapper, Olanrewaju Fasasi popularly known as Sound Sultan.
Atiku described the late musician as a role model who inspired the lives of others to pursue their dreams.
Atiku’s tweet read: “In the short time Olanrewaju Fasasi, fondly known as Sound Sultan, spent on this side of the divide, he was a role model to many in the world of entertainment. May the devout man of faith and family Rest In Peace. I pray Allah SWT comforts his bereaved family and friends. Ameen.”
Recall Sound Sultan died at the age of 44 after he was diagnosed with Angioimmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma. On Sunday, July, 11 his family released a statement confirming his death.
The statement read, “It is with heavy hearts that we announce the passing of multitalented veteran singer, rapper, songwriter Olanrewaju Fasasi aka Sound sultan. He passed away at the age of 44 following a hard-fought battle with Angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma.
“He is survived by his wife, three children and his siblings. We, his family will appreciate the utmost privacy as we come to grips with the tragic loss.”
According to rarediseases.org, Angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma (AITL) is a rare form of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, which is a group of related malignancies (cancers) that affect the lymphatic system (lymphomas). Lymphomas are the cancer of white blood cells (lymphocytes) and can be divided depending on the type of cells, B-lymphocytes (B-cells) or T-lymphocytes (T-cells), AITL is a T-cell lymphoma.
The lymphatic system functions as part of the immune system and helps to protect the body against infection and disease. It consists of a network of tubular channels (lymph vessels) that drain a thin watery fluid known as lymph from different areas of the body into the bloodstream.
Usually, the survival rate or life expectancy of patients after catching the cancer is five years.
- Sound Sultan was role model – Atiku reacts to death of singer
- “Stop calling me your role model, I’m not your role model” – Toke Makinwa blows hot
- Stop Calling Me Your Role Model, I’m No Ones Role Model – Toke Makinwa Warns
- “I Am Also Looking For A Role Model, Stop Calling Me Your Role Model” – Toke Makinwa To Fans
- Sound Sultan Calls Wizkid A Legendary Musician As They Link Up
- Veteran Musician Sound Sultan Pass On After Battling Cancer
- Tears Flow As Veteran Nigerian Musician, Sound Sultan, Is Laid To Rest In The U.S
- FG reacts to death of Nigerian singer, Sound Sultan
- I lost a great brother – Wyclef reacts to Sound Sultan’s death
- Nigeria Basketball Federation reacts to Sound Sultan’s death