The Theatre Arts and Motion Pictures Practitioners Association of Nigeria (TAMPAN) has reportedly revealed plans to side-line Nkechi Blessing and has urged its members to refrain from hiring the services of Iyabo Ojo.
At a news conference in Lagos, a member of the board of trustees of the association, Prince Jide Kosoko, said the association has blacklisted Iyabo Ojo and banned directors under its guild to desist from engaging her services as an actress.
According to PM news, he said;
“The attention of the Board of Trustees of TAMPAN and Elders of the Motion Picture Industry, especially of the Yoruba sector, have been drawn to the malicious damages being done to our sector by some unruly individuals that lack any iota of discipline and seeming to feel to be above the law.
We particularly observe the continuous derogatory statements made by Iyabo Ojo against the Association and the industry as a whole. Please note that we are not against her stand on the issue of alleged r*pe or sexual assault as the case maybe, which the Association and individuals have equally condemned at one time or the other, as we believe only a person without conscience will support r*pe or sexual assault in any form. However, Iyabo Ojo’s reckless accusations, abuses and embarrassment of our sector is also totally condemned.
Unfortunately, Nkechi Blessing has also joined in the Ignoble tirades against the Association and by extension, the industry and we say enough is enough! If you think you’re above the law [of TAMPAN], we can get you out in our way. You can quote me. Nkechi Blessing has been suspended — because she’s not our member. But we will work against her in this industry.
As TAMPAN BoT members and elders of the industry in the Yoruba genre, we dare say to both Iyabo Ojo and Nkechi Blessing and others of their likes, that if you people think whatever visibility you have achieved today is not through the Yoruba sector of the Nigerian motion picture industry, you should, at least realise that the industry gave you the enabling environment for whatever you may have become today.”
- TAMPAN blacklists Nkechi Blessing and Iyabo Ojo threatens to work against them in the industry
- Nkechi Blessing & Iyabo Ojo Reacts To TAMPAN Ban
- “I stand with these two strong women” – Mary Njoku gives her support to Nkechi Blessing and Iyabo Ojo over TAMPAN suspension
- Baba Ijesha: Iyabo Ojo, Nkechi Blessing deserve commendation – Remy Njoku on TAMPAN ban
- TAMPAN president apologises to Iyabo Ojo, Nkechi Blessing
- Iyabo Ojo On Behalf Of Herself And Nkechi Blessing Apologizes To TAMPAN And Jide Kosoko
- TAMPAN President Apologises To Nkechi Blessing, & Iyabo Ojo – Video
- Ignorance Doesn’t Excuse Stupidity – Kemi Olunloyo Slams TAMPAN For Suspending Nkechi Blessing And Iyabo Ojo
- Baba Ijesha:TAMPAN Bans Nkechi Blessing & Iyabo Ojo
- Oko Iyabo: Actress Iyabo Ojo calls on TAMPAN to take action on Yomi Fabiyi’s movie