After a lengthy fight with throat cancer, the Jagbajantis star died on July 11, 2023, and was honored on the same day in the United States.
On even a recent edition of Channels TV’s Rubbin’ Minds, Ebuka expressed an emotional homage to the late artist while breaking down in tears.
ALSO READ: I Really Like Erica, She Gave Us Good Content – BBNaija Host, Ebuka [VIDEO]
The Television personality began by recalling his first encounter with Sound Sultan, and how much he had skipped a test at school in 2003/2004 because he wanted to see the singer perform at the French Cultural Centre.
Ebuka went on to say that they became excellent friends, neighbors, celebrated family occasions together, and even went to the very same gym for three years.
The TV presenter expressed his sadness and grief at learning of the loss of his close friend and expressed his sympathies to the late singer’s friends and family, who were clearly going through a very difficult period.
“I dare you to go anywhere and find out anything negative about Sound Sultan. We always say nice things when people pass away but this time everything being said about him is beyond the truth.
“An absolutely amazing human being, nice guy, warm soul. We just wish his soul continues to rest in peace.”
Watch the video below:
- ”Do I look like someone that will date Ebuka and leave him” – Cee-C replies ‘rumormongers’ alleging she dated media personality, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu
- Ebuka Obi Breaks Down In Tears (Video)
- “Egusi Soup Is Trash” – Media Personality, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu
- ”Do I look like someone that will date Ebuka and leave him” – Cee-C replies those alleging she dated #BBNaija host, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu
- BBNaija: Rich Man Breaks His Expensive Television After Kiddwaya’s Eviction – VIDEO
- Media personality, Ebuka’s parents celebrate 52nd wedding anniversary
- I Have Investments, I Don’t Have To Work Everyday” — Media Personality Ebuka’s Wife, Cynthia
- ‘I Have Been Sleeping in Church, I Have No House or Place to Lay Down My Head’- Actor, Chief Kanran Breaks Down In Tears As He Narrates Sad Story
- Media personality, Harri Obi reveals the ambitions of under 25 babes in Lagos
- #EndSARs: BBNaija Host, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu Recounts Horrific Experience With The Police (+Video)