The Director of Information, Nigerian Defense Headquarters, Maj. Gen. John Eneche has guaranteed that the video recordings from the Lekki toll gate shooting on Tuesday, were photoshopped.
Eneche while tending to the media during an ongoing question and answer session, expressed that the report of officers shooting the protesters, were simple charges as some military experts had excused as false.
He admitted that the military is involved in internal security operations codenamed ‘Operation MESA’ in nine states, but declined to disclose further details on the joint security task force.
In his words,
The issue is not an operation that I can respond to, but I can tell you that it is an allegation, for now; so let us not set the cart before the horse.
If the matter was still open-ended, I would have had a response for you but it is no longer open-ended, because immediately, not even up to five hours before midnight, the Governor of Lagos set up an inquiry. So, whatever we say now will not be fair to the commission.
So these operations are still standing and running and I am aware that the state governments are using them in all these capacities, that is internal security.
The level we are now is internal security and that is why the police proactively came out and then deployed all their force package that are necessary to handle that (violence).
- Abia Monarch, Eze Bernard Enweremadu passes onIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021A foremost traditional Ruler in Nigeria and Eze Ukwu of Ngwa land, Eze Dr Bernard Enweremadu has passed on at the age of 77 years. Announcing the ...[Read more]
- Bauchi govt commences fumigation to curb malariaIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021In a collaboration aimed at eradicating malaria in the state, the Bauchi State Environmental Protection Agency (BASEPA) and the Bauchi State Agency ...[Read more]
- Trump’s Tenure Was Just A Short Window Of Grace – Mike BamiloyeIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 23, 2021Photos Credit: Getty Pastor and founder of Nigeria’s renown drama ministry, Mount Zion films Mike Bamiloye has given his own opinion on the ...[Read more]
- Olubadan states position on tension in OyoIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021
- BREAKING: Again, truck kills scores in Ondo community, varsity students among casualtiesIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021
- Northern groups warn Southwest on Fulani treatmentIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021
- Two Years After Split, Adele Reaches £140m Divorce Settlement With Estranged Husband Simon KoneckiIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsJanuary 23, 2021Adele has reached a divorce settlement with her estranged husband Simon Konecki, almost two years after they separated. The singer announced she had ...[Read more]
- James Dolan forms political expenditure committee ahead of 2021 NYC mayor’s raceIn USAJanuary 23, 2021Madison Square Garden boss James Dolan has placed a $4 million bet on the upcoming NYC mayoral election — and he’s hoping to have better luck in ...[Read more]
- Zamfara Police Command pledges to tackle banditry, kidnappingIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021
- Herdsmen quit notice: Nothing must happen to Sunday Igboho – Nnamdi Kanu warns Oyo CP, OnadekoIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021