Nigerian US-based singer, songwriter, performing artiste, Adeniyi Jemiriye had waded into the trending issue of Yoruba actor Baba Ijesha’s rape saga.
The singer has taken to her Facebook page to share her views on the ongoing brouhaha. According to her, there’s always a “Baba Ijesha” in every entertainment industry. She stated that the act of Baba Ijesha can be found everywhere and the most frustrating reality is that those who normally defile the under-age are not distant fellows they are people closer and people who are trusted.
Also in Newzandar News: “My Grandma Tried Blackmailing Me For Money” – Amputee Hawker Claims
In a lengthy post, she said…
That the story is real is even more sickening. I had thought it was one of those skits plotted too hard or just one joke too many. When I read that, Mr. Lanre Omiyinka, a.k.a. Baba Ijesha sexually assaulted a girl as little as seven and walked the poor soul through the same experience for another seven years, tears streamed down my face.
“To make matters worse, as if the entertainment industry is rife for blacklisting, another Yoruba actor was also almost immediately reported to have impregnated a 16-year-old. Understandably so, those who know so little about my industry are having a swell time saying it parades fellows of low discipline or no discipline at all. No, that’s not who we are.
“A man is a man, an industry is an industry. There are pedophiles everywhere we turn- we have them in the banks, sports, churches, mosques, among those who we call ‘mechanics’, ‘carpenters’, and in every facet of our lives. The sad reality is those who defile the under-age are not distant fellows, they’re those close to us and all of whom we trust.
Also in Newzandar News: “You Took The Wrong Path To Success” – Catholic Priest Reacts To Mary Daniel’s Scam Story
“I do not want to cast a stone as there are dire consequences already. I only pray for the redemption of the poor teenager, comfort for the grieving mother, and restitution for the perpetrator who’s almost certainly going to spend the rest of his life in prison and in guilt”.
Source: Newzandar News
- Actor, Mr Latin Talks On Baba Ijesha Molestation Case Against Baba Ijesha (VIDEO)
- “Sleeping with somebody is a normal thing in our industry” – Veteran actor, Denji Aderemi defends Baba Ijesha (Video)
- Baba Ijesha disgraced Yoruba movie industry – Iyabo Ojo slams Yomi Fabiyi
- People In My Industry Are Trying To Release Baba Ijesha —Actress Iyabo Ojo Reveals, Issues Warning [VIDEO]
- ‘Life Is Precious And I Treasure Every Moment With You’ – Seyi Edun Gushes Over Adeniyi Johnson On His Birthday
- ‘Baba Ijesha Is So Despicable, His Penalty Is Nothing Less Than 14 years In Prison’ – Abike Dabiri-Erewa Declares
- ‘You Are A Disgrace To Human Race’— OAP Toolz Drags Actress Bukky Black For Supporting Baba Ijesha
- Baba Ijesha Should Be Sentenced To Death If Found Guilty – Tonto Dikeh
- Baba Ijesha Rape Case: Princess Set Him Up But God Will See Him Through – Actress, Bukky Black [VIDEO]
- CCTV Video Allegedly Captures Baba Ijesha Kissing, Raising Her Skirt And Fondling Female Minor