Three suspected criminals have been nabbed by the Bayelsa State Vigilante Service for reportedly robbing Boma Sunday, a 15 year old girl.
The Vigilante Group released the names of the three suspects as Godwin Sunday, 28, and two females, Anna Samuel, 21, and Better Okorie, 23. Godwin, Anna and Better were arrested on Wednesday, April 28, after they reportedly stole N5000 from Boma Sunday at the ever busy Tombia Market in Yenagoa Local Government Council.
The teenager narrated that she was accosted by the three member gang at the ever busy Tombia Market while she was waiting by the roadside to board a tricycle to the house after buying all the necessary items she needed. According to her, the suspects confronted her and took her money from her in broad day light.
Also in Newzandar News: Mary Daniel, Viral Amputee Sachet Water Hawker Handed Over To Her Kinsmen
“After they collected the money I raised alarm that drew the attention of the vigilante. I didn’t even know that they were around. It was at that point I saw them chasing the criminals and apprehended them close to the roundabout as they tried to escape.”
Confirming the news to newsmen, Hon. Doubiye Alagba, the State Vigilante Service Chairman took the opportunity to dole out some advice to other criminals who torment the premises of Tombia roundabout axis and other parts of the state to change their ways or face full rigors of the law.
“I am using this medium to call on members of the public to always be vigilant and security conscious of their environment at all times. It is only by so doing you can quickly notice the presence of criminal elements and avoid being attacked and robbed,”
“We have handed them over to Operation Dou Akpo, a special unit of the Bayelsa State Command of the Nigeria Police force for further investigations and subsequent prosecution.”
Source; Newzandar News.com
- Two herdsmen arrested for robbing a family and defiling their 16-year-old daughter
- Ikiriki Police Arrest Man For Reportedly Robbing Two Female Teachers In Enugu
- 70-year-old man reportedly arrested for allegedly raping an eight-year-old girl in Minna, Niger State
- Two arrested for robbing Redeemed Church in Ogun
- Two arrested for allegedly robbing gold merchant in Ogun
- Two arrested for robbing rice seller in Ogun
- 18 Years Old Arrested For Robbing With Fake Gun
- 65-year-old man and two others arrested for allegedly raping an 11-year-old girl in Taraba
- Court remands 22-year-old man for robbing petrol station
- St. Louis woman charged with kidnapping, robbing 80-year-old woman