A whopping amount N20m has been demanded by the abductors of Eleda of Eda Ile in the Ekiti East Council area of Ekiti State, Oba Benjamin Oso.
Earlier, reported that Oba Benjamin was kidnapped by gunmen while he was working at his farm at Eda-Ile on Friday.
The gunmen who abducted the Eleda of Eda Ile in the Ekiti East council area of Ekiti State, Oba Benjamin Oso, have demanded N20m ransom. He reportedly pleaded with his abductors to spare his wife at the time of the incident.
Well, there has been a fresh disclosure from the family of the traditional ruler. His abductors are asking for the payment of N20m ransom.
“Their demand is on the high side, but when the family attempted to negotiate it downwards, they (abductors) switched off their phone. The entire community is troubled over the development.” the source told Punch on Sunday,
Sunday Abutu, the state police spokeswoman, stated that the command was not aware of the ransom demand.
“The police are working with other locals to ensure his freedom and apprehension of the perpetrators. We are concerned about kidnapping incidents, that is why our operatives are working round the clock to ensure they do not occur and when they occur, efforts will be activated to rescue the victims and apprehend the perpetrators.” he stated.
- Kidnappers of Ekiti monarch demand N20m ransom
- Kidnappers abduct PDP member in Edo, demand N20m ransom
- Kidnappers of retired U.S Army officer demand N20m ransom
- Kidnappers of ex-US Soldier demands N20m ransom
- Gunmen kidnap Army Captain, 3 others in Ondo, demand N20m ransom
- Gunmen abduct Army captain, 3 others in Ondo, demand N20m ransom
- Boko Haram Terrorists Demand N20m From Blind Man as Ransom
- Gunmen kidnap Oyo lawmaker’s sister, demand N20m ransom
- Kidnappers of Ekiti petrol dealer demand N60m ransom
- Kidnappers demand N20m for abducted Army Captain, others