Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana, SAN, has cautioned President Muhammadu Buhari over his attempts to seek foreign aid from the Joe Biden administration.
According to him, the United States may not deploy troops to defend Nigerians because of the refusal of the leaders to prosecute some counter insurgency operations.
He said: “Regrettably, Nigeria is currently witnessing the virtual collapse of the security architecture of the neocolonial State due to the diversion of the huge fund earmarked for procurement of arms and ammunition for the armed forces and the police by successive regimes.
“To prevent terrorists and bandits from sacking the government, President Buhari has appealed to President Joe Biden to come to the aid the ruling class in waging war against terror and banditry.
“Since 2009, the cry for help in prosecuting the counter insurgency operations had fallen on the deaf ears of the leaders of the West. As if that was not enough, the United States and her allies prevented Nigeria from acquiring vital security equipment to prosecute the war on terror due to the abysmal poor human rights record of the armed forces and the police.
“Even though the Buhari administration was allowed to pay the sum of $329 million for 12 super Tucanofighter jets in November 2018 to aid the counter insurgency operations in the North East Zone the jets have not been delivered.
“Instead of giving Nigerians the false impression that the United States is going to send troops to defend them the federal government should be compelled to embark on mass recruitment of military and police personnel, equip and motivate them to defend every part of the country.
Source: www.Newzandar News.com
- Magu: Buharis Sends Reply To PDP Over Corruption
- “I experienced full depression” – AY’s wife, Mabel calls on DSS to heed her call on security threats
- Heed NCDC guidelines on Edo, Ondo governorship polls, Group urges INEC
- Lopsided appointments: Onuesoke urges Buhari to heed Abubakar Umar’s advice
- Fund the MTA: Mitch McConnell should heed NY Republicans
- Insecurity: Buhari should heed vibes from Katsina
- Pandemic preparedness panel slams collective failure to heed warnings
- Ogun pig farmers lose millions of Naira, call for government assistance
- Reason U.S Govt May Not Help Buhari – Falana
- CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele resorted to obtaining ex parte order to freeze accounts of #EndSARS promoters after failing to convince them to call it off – Falana