There has been scarcity of water in some FCT Communities and residents are making use of water from the streams and rivers.
This has bring the cost of 25-litre keg of water at 250 Naira. People living in Kubwa, Bwarim, Dede, Dutse, Kaigini, among others have been adversely affected. They have to join long queues at public boreholes or just buy from hawkers at the 250 Naira per kg.
According to the FCT Water Board, repair and maintenance works are been carried out on the Usama Dam Treatment Plant.
In reaction, Omoyele Sowore quoted some lines of the song of Fela Kuti, Original Suffer Head.
Below are photos showing what residents have to pass through to get water.
Source; Newzandar News.com
- Residents forced to fetch water from streams as water scarcity causes a keg of water to sell for 250 Naira
- Kano residents decry weeks of acute water scarcity
- EFCC Arrests Fake Witch Doctor Over N250 Million Scam In Ogun
- Nigerian Military Dismisses Major For Mobile Phone Theft, Lieutenant Commander For Stealing N250,000
- Ogun Assembly approves Gov Abiodun’s request to borrow N250 billion
- The Ogun N250 billion bond
- IKEDC pays N250,000 for burial, offers N1.5m compensation to electrocuted footballer’s family
- Nigeria: Microfinance Banks Seek New N250 Billion Support for MSMEs
- Nigerian man demands justice for his brother in-law who was allegedly beaten to death by naval officers in Lagos over N250 (graphic)
- Police arraign Okada rider for playing Betnaija with N250, 000 on credit