Governor of Kano State, Abdullahi Ganduje has lamented about the stench in corruption that is bringing the nation to its knees.
A speech was delivered in his name by Alhaji Usman Alhaji, the Secretary to the State Government, at the inauguration of an eight-man Anti-Corruption Strategy Steering Committee on Thursday April 29.
Her called for better initiative from the committee to bring out the strategies whereby the people of Kano State would have the benefit.
He said: “Believe me, we don’t need to say that corruption in this country is killing all of us. The truth of the matter is that we will never develop or progress with this level of corruption in this country.
“I want to say that this committee is one of the most important committees we will inaugurate. My reason is that this organisation has a dual role and responsibility.
“Its first role is of course public complaints. That means, people with some complaints could lodge it at the commission, get it sorted out and resolved amicably. This is not what you can call a crime.
“On the other hand, anti-corruption is of course a fight against crime, which means, the double role should not be misconstrued or lost, that is the fight against a crime.
“So, I urge the committee to bring out the strategies whereby the people of Kano State would have the benefit of hope to complain when the need arises, and get amicable settlement.
“Whether it is against the government or government officials, the complaints could be looked into and sorted out.” he added.
Source: www.Newzandar News.com
- Reasons why Nigeria may be the first Country to develop an Effective Vaccine for #COVID-19
- N46B JOBS: Why Nigeria will never develop
- Edo guber: Ganduje, not at my level — Wike
- EDO: Wike spits fire, says Ganduje not his level
- Trending Video: ‘Ganduje not at my level’, Gov Wike boasts as momentum builds towards Edo 2023
- Men Who Marry Women That Sleep Around, Never Progress In Life — Expert
- VIDEO: Ghana will never progress until I’m accepted as the ‘true Messiah’ – Nyame Somafo Yaw
- Another level of corruption as DSS Arrests Magu
- EDO: PDP fires back at Ganduje says he lacks morals to talk about corruption
- Group commends Gov Ganduje for establishing Kano State Anti-Corruption Institute