The State Executive and Administrative Councils of the Trade Union Congress of Nigeria (TUC) in Ondo State have declared that workers have decided not to accept percentage salaries anymore.
The TUC released a statement after a meeting in Akure, Ondo State where they explained that they are no longer accepting percentage salaries due to the hardships the high prices of essential commodities.
They further asked the state government not to commence its implementation until all issues surrounding it like amount deductible, coverage areas of the scheme and until when arrears of salaries are fully paid and government resumes 100 percent salaries payment.
The statement read: “Having carefully examined the plethora of concerns of workers on percentage payment of salaries by the state government especially at this critical time, and with the ever rising prices of food items, drugs and medication, and other basic amenities of life, which are no longer within the reach of ordinary Nigerians, the council therefore calls on the state government to re-engineer its finances to offset the four months arrears of workers salaries and halt any further percentage payment of workers’ salaries as workers will no longer accept any form of percentage payment of their monthly salaries henceforth.
“The council embraces the Ondo State Health insurance scheme as laudable but calls on the state government not to commence its implementation until all issues surrounding it, e.g, amount deductible, coverage areas of the scheme etc and arrears of salaries are fully paid and government resumes 100 percent payment of monthly salaries”.
Source: Newzandar News
- May Day: We Won’t Accept Deduction, Stoppage Of Workers Salaries – NLC
- ONDO 2023: Percentage of votes cast in each of the 18 LGA in APC primary gov election
- “This is a dog house and nobody should say this N450k, Kitchen wont contain one person” – Nigerians react to pictures of the house landlord wants to rent out at N450,000 in Lekki (Pics/Reactions)
- I Wont Discourage My Daughter From Being A Prostitute If She Wants To-Bulldog
- I Wont Talk About Gareth Bale Return To Tottenham – Mourinho
- COVID-19 second wave: Parents wont let nursery pupils wear face masks – Teacher cries out
- There Wont Be an Igbo President, they Are Useless” – Samklef
- ” You are that one that would wipe that tears I wont shed now”- FFK’s estranged wife, Precious tells first son, Lotanna, as he turns 5
- Lady Calls On “Yahoo Boys” To Come To Yoruba Nation, Sunday Igboho Wont Let Police To Arrest Them (VIDEO)
- #BBNaija 2023: “Nobody’s mate! Social distancing! – Reactions as Laycon gets the highest percentage of votes from viewers