The Department of State Services, DSS, says it will begin a clampdown on agents of anarchy in various parts of the country.
The DSS, in a statement by its spokesman, Peter Afunanya, on Sunday, faulted those said to be creating instability through comments that threaten the sovereignty and corporate existence of the nation.
Ad. Click here to learn cryptocurrency trading for free, take your slot now. Powered by Correct Bro Team on Telegram.
It also condemned what it called the unnecessary utterances and activities of some religious and past political leaders who have either called for a forceful change of government or mass action against it.
The secret police also said that it had invited persons known to have made inciteful comments in public, and cautioned them.
The DSS described as unfortunate, a situation where those who should be patriotic were allowing their personal ambitions to ruin the nation.
It reminded every Nigerian that although democracy offers free speech, it does not give room to reckless pronouncements.
Read the full statement by the DSS below:
DSS SUPPORTS INDIVISIBLE UNITED NIGERIA; WARNS AGAINST UNSAVOURY AND INCITING UTTERANCES
The Department of State Services (DSS) hereby condemns the unsavoury statements by misguided elements who have continued to threaten the government, sovereignty, and corporate existence of this country.
Notable are the unnecessary vituperations and activities of some religious and past political leaders who have either called for a forceful change of government or mass action against it. It has been established that the main objective for these is to cause a disintegration of the country.
It is unfortunate that those at the forefront of this are respectable individuals who should be patriotic and not allow their personal ambitions to ruin the nation.
The Service has also noted their desperation and penchant to collaborate with external forces and influences against Nigeria.
They are reminded that even though democracy offers free speech, it does not give room to reckless pronouncements capable of undermining security. It is instructive to note that the ballot box remains the vehicle of change in a democracy.
In this regard, self-centred individuals and groups are warned to stop engaging in acts inimical to the peace and sovereignty of this nation.
In the same manner, influential personalities should be sensitive to emerging situations and guard against divisive and inciting utterances that may cause a breakdown of law and order.
Recently, the Service invited and cautioned some persons who deniably recounted their earlier statements or said they were quoted out of context.
The public should be wary of such individuals and their co-travellers who, incite them in the open but, turn in the secret to retrieve their words after they had caused the damage.
While the Service reaffirms its unambiguous support to an indivisible, indissoluble, and united Nigerian State in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution, it will no longer tolerate deliberate machinations by subversive and hostile groups whose agenda is to throw the country into anarchy so as to serve the interests of their sponsors.
Consequently, the Service is assiduously working with other security and law enforcement agencies to ensure the maintenance of peace and internal security of the country.
Peter Afunanya, Ph.D
Public Relations Officer
Department of State Services,
2nd May 2021
- Barcelona out, LaLiga title to be decided on last day between Atletico, RealIn SportsMay 16, 2021This year’s LaLiga title will be decided on the final day of the season in the Spanish topflight. Atletico beat Osasuna 2-1 at home on Sunday, to ...[Read more]
- Suspect in string of NYC bank robberies bustedIn USAMay 16, 2021A convicted serial bank robber is back behind bars after allegedly pulling off a string of Big Apple heists — while still on parole for previous bank ...[Read more]
- Stop Waiting For Aso Rock – Atiku Tells Nigerian GovernorsIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has urged governors from all states to come together and solve the insecurity facing the country ...[Read more]
- Man charged with shattering NYPD patrol car windowIn USAMay 16, 2021The rear windshield of an NYPD patrol car was smashed in Manhattan as officers responded to a call of a man with a knife, the city’s largest police ...[Read more]
- You Don’t Have To Reveal Anything To Be Beautiful — Actress, Olayode Juliana To WomenIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nollywood actress, Juliana Olayode has dished out a word of advice to her fellow ladies in a recent post on social media that has ...[Read more]
- GPLwk25: Hearts beat Elmina Sharks to reclaim second placeIn Ghana, NewsMay 16, 2021Accra Hearts of Oak beat Elmina Sharks 2-0 on Sunday at the Accra Sports Stadium, in a matchday 25 encounter, to move back into second place on the ...[Read more]
- Others Were Accepted But I Was Rejected Thrice At Ritualists Shrine – Nurse Kidnapped In Rivers State Shares Her Chilling EncounterIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT An 18-year-old auxiliary nurse, Rachael David, has narrated how close she came to death as she was abducted by suspected ritualists in ...[Read more]
- “My Lower Body Was Detached From The Upper Body” – Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor A1ccidentIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT According to her, she was involved in a ghastly motor accident on her way back from church and left for dead by the driver and rider. ...[Read more]
- MTA exec accuses mayor of being out of touch with subway safety fearsIn USAMay 16, 2021Mayor Bill de Blasio’s hulking height and security team leave him out of touch with the reality of subway safety, Interim Transit President Sarah ...[Read more]
- ‘Follow Your Wife’- Davido Tells Tiwa Savage Son, Jamil To Take His Rightful Place As Imade’s Future Husband [VIDEO]In Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Interestingly, Nigerian singer and songwriter, David Adeleke popularly known as Davido knows exactly who will put the wedding ring on ...[Read more]