The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), on Friday, said elections in Nigeria will never be credible until there are improvements in the country’s electoral laws.
The party’s National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Kola Ologbondiyan, stated this at a news conference in Abuja on Friday.
Ologbondiyan also said that the party resolved to constitute a broad-based committee to work with the National Assembly and other stakeholders on the Electoral Act amendment to make Nigeria’s elections free, fair and credible.
“For us in the PDP, we believe that until there are improvements in our electoral laws, our elections are not going to be credible and this is going to endanger our democracy.
“So, the PDP has resolved to constitute a committee that will work in tandem with NASS members elected on the platform of our party and other interested parties as well to form a broad-based committee that will work with our legislators.
“We are also going to engage the civil societies on electoral reforms.
“As a party we have seen that the issue of electoral frauds, abuses, hijack of electoral process can only be redeemed if every Nigerian agrees in unison that we must amend the rules.
“This is why the PDP has agreed to work in concert with CSOs, faith-based organisations, community leaders to entrench a law in the system in which the people can truly elect their representatives,” he said.
- God will punish any man who pampers his woman while his mother suffers – Duncan MightyIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Nigerian star, Duncan Mighty, has unleashed his venom on men who see their girlfriends as their most prized possession. – Advertisement – ...[Read more]
- De Blasio unsure how many schools will reopen full-timeIn USADecember 2, 2020Mayor Bill de Blasio has tantalized city parents with visions of a return to full-time schooling — but admitted Wednesday that he doesn’t know when ...[Read more]
- Oby Ezekwesili Calls For Physical & Mental Check Up Of President Buhari Over Increase In Nigeria’s InsecurityIn Boko Haram, Nigeria NewsDecember 2, 2020Former Minister of Education and presidential aspirant, Oby Ezekwesili has taken to social media to call for public disclosure of President Muhammadu ...[Read more]
- Cops believe they’ve found missing Staten Island doctorIn USADecember 2, 2020After weeks of searching, police believe they have located the body of a missing doctor in a Staten Island park, The Post has learned. Tamara Saukin, ...[Read more]
- Boko Haram Leader, Shekau Discloses Number Of Farmers Killed In Borno Farm & Reason For Their Horrific AttackIn Boko Haram, Nigeria NewsDecember 2, 2020Abubakar Shekau, the leader of the dreaded Islamic terrorist sect, Boko Haram has come out to admit to the recent killing of the rice farmers, whiles ...[Read more]
- NYC mayoral candidate Ray McGuire didn’t vote in key electionsIn USADecember 2, 2020Newly announced Democrat mayoral candidate Ray McGuire has a history of failing to vote in elections, including for the City Hall office he’s ...[Read more]
- Two men injured in latest shootings across NYCIn USADecember 2, 2020Two people were shot across Gotham on Tuesday — one during a drive-by incident in Queens and the other in a possible botched drug deal in Manhattan, ...[Read more]
- LI men busted for ‘birth tourism’ scheme targeting Turkish womenIn USADecember 2, 2020Six Long Island men were charged Wednesday with luring pregnant Turkish women to the United States to give birth so their children would have ...[Read more]
- “Africa’s Biggest”- Ini Edo, Poco Lee, MsBanks, DjKaywise And Others React As Wizkid Shares New PhotosIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Popular Nigerian singer, Wizkid, has caused a stir on social media after he shared fresh photos of himself on Instagram after being away for quite ...[Read more]
- NJ fire chief sexually harassed teen volunteer: lawsuitIn USADecember 2, 2020A New Jersey Fire Department Chief was wildly inappropriate with a teen volunteer commenting on her body — including her pubic hair — and continuing ...[Read more]