Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike has imposed night curfew in all Rivers LGA from 10.00 p.m. to 6.00 a.m. to help stem out violence.
Following the rise of insecurity in the state including security personnel in Ikwerre and Abua/Odual Local Government, it has become imperative for the governor to impose curfew in the State. A statement was released to that effect to the citizens of the state.
The statement reads: My dear people of Rivers State On 28th April 2023, the Rivers State Security Council, in consideration of the recent murderous attacks on security personnel in Ikwerre and Abua/Odual Local Government Areas imposed a night-time curfew on our land borders with other States.
2. A review of the present security situation shows that the threat of further deadly attacks on hard and soft targets across the State still exists.
3. This being so, it has become imperative for the State Government to take further necessary measures to secure our State and safeguard lives and property.
4. Accordingly, the State Security Council has, today, after exhaustive deliberation, decided and advised that a statewide curfew on human and vehicular movements be imposed as part of additional measures to prevent the faceless criminals from unleashing their
5. Consequently, a night curfew is hereby imposed on the entire 23 Local Government Areas of the State prohibiting any human and or vehicular movement within or any part of the State from 10.00 p.m. to 6.00 a.m. from today 29th April 2023 until further notice.
6. We wish to repeat that in taking these and other drastic measures at this time, our singular intention is to secure our State and guarantee the protection of lives and property.
7. While therefore calling for continued understanding, we again advise everyone to be vigilant and promptly report every suspicious movement in your neighbourhood to the security agencies for
Thank you and may God bless Rivers State.
Source: www.Newzandar News.com
- BREAKING: Coronavirus: Wike imposes 24hour curfew on Rivers State
- Wike imposes 24-hour curfew in affected areas of Cult clash in Rivers
- Governor Wike Suspends Night Curfew In Rivers State
- Wike cancels lockdown, imposes statewide curfew
- Wike cancels lockdown, imposes curfew
- COVID-19: FG re-imposes curfew, restriction on mass gathering
- Kaduna Government imposes 24-hour curfew in Atyap, Chawa chiefdoms
- Kaduna imposes 24-hour curfew in two chiefdoms
- Sudan imposes curfew in port city after ethnic clashes
- COVID-19: Kwara imposes curfew, bars inter-LG travels