Liverpool have demanded the Premier League to investigate two controversial Video Assistant Referee (VAR) decisions that happened during Saturday’s Merseyside derby, the UK Mirror reports.
Sadio Mane opened the scoring for the champions, before Michael Keane headed Everton level.
The Reds took the lead again thanks to Mohammed Salah’s volley, but the hosts levelled again with Dominic Calvert-Lewin powering in a header.
Liverpool thought they had a late winner, but Jordan Henderson’s strike was ruled out for offside.
VAR official, David Coote, earlier in the game declined to look at an incident, when Everton keeper Jordan Pickford was involved in a violent collision with Virgil van Dijk, which saw the defender injured and taken off.
Coote then deemed Sadio Mane was offside two minutes into stoppage time, despite the only evidence produced seeming to show the Liverpool player was in fact level, as the game ended 2-2.
Liverpool have also asked for clarity on which part of Mane’s body was deemed to be offside, and at which moment the VAR decided to freeze the frame.
The fiery encounter also resulted in Liverpool players Virgil van Dijk and Thiago Alcantara being sent to hospital for scans. There are concerns that the pair havesuffered knee ligament damage following challenges by Everton’s Jordan Pickford and Richarlison respectively.
Richarlison was shown a straight red card by referee Michael Oliver for the 90th minute challenge on Thiago, but Pickford escaped punishment.
- Please pray for Peter Osaze Odemwingie, All is not well with him-Peter OkoyeIn Celebrity NewsDecember 3, 2020Peter Okoye of the defunct P-Square group, has reacted to accusation of fraud by ex-Super Eagles striker, Peter Osaze Odemwingie. Odenwingie had on ...[Read more]
- Senator Egwu, Anyim and others you fight now made you Ebonyi Governor – PDP stakeholders tell UmahiIn Nigeria NewsDecember 3, 2020Stakeholders of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Ohaukwu Local Government of Ebonyi State, have warned Governor Dave Umahi against his continued ...[Read more]
- MURIC advises Buhari to Ban International Flight over second Wave of Covid-19In COVID-19December 3, 2020Following reports worldwide indicating a second wave of the dreaded Coronavirus, the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), has called on President Muhammadu ...[Read more]
- Stefflon Don Breaks Silence On Burna Boy’s Cheating Scandal With Side Chick Jopearl (VIDEO)In Celebrity NewsDecember 3, 2020Burna Boy’s UK girlfriend, Stefflon Don, has reacted to the viral cheating allegations of Burna Boy with Jopearl. Stefflon Don and Burna Boy The ...[Read more]
- “2 Years Of Being A Side Chick And You Didn’t Get A Range Rover” – UK Comedian Trolls Burna Boy’s Girl, JopearlIn Celebrity NewsDecember 3, 2020A UK-based Comedian has taken on to Social media to lambast Jopearl, for causing a dating scandal to destroy Burna Boy’s relationship with Stefflon ...[Read more]
- Few Days After Davido Bought Rolex Watch Worth N10 Million, Wizkid Also Grabs A Diamond Chain Worth N100,000In Celebrity NewsDecember 3, 2020The rivalry and competition between Nigerian singers, Davido and Wizkid, seems to have taken a different turn as both have been flaunting their ...[Read more]
- Bola Tinubu writes to the Governor of Borno State, Babagana Zulum over Boko Haram killing in Zabarmari area of the stateIn NewsDecember 3, 2020Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress Congress, APC, has written to the Governor of Borno State, Babagana Zulum over Boko ...[Read more]
- Meet Alhaji Abdulmunaf Yunusa Sarina, The Nigerian Billionaire With 16 Beautiful DaughtersIn Celebrity NewsDecember 3, 2020Alhaji Abdulmunaf Yunusa Sarina is a Nigerian Billionaire and Owner of Azman Air. He’s among the many Nigerian Billionaires running Nigeria. – ...[Read more]
- Rochas Okorocha advises President Buhari to sack everyone he appointed to work with himIn Boko HaramDecember 3, 2020Former Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to sack everyone he appointed to work with him. Okorocha, a former ...[Read more]
- Adom TV Serves Notice Of Apology To President Akufo-Addo Over Airing Of ‘Bribe Video’In GhanaDecember 3, 2020Adom TV has served notice of apology to President Akufo-Addo to the public for airing a said corruption expose which implicated him in accepting ...[Read more]