African players were not left out of the tick of the action as a couple of them wrapped up the week with positive performance to help
out their respective clubs.
Players like Alex lwobi and Wilfred Zaha was in action and it was interesting to see what they could offer in 90 minutes of football.
Following quality performances across the English top-flight, we take a look at African players who did impress for their English club side.
Sadio Mane (Liverpool, Senegal)
The Senegal international recovered in time from the pandemic crisis to feature for his Liverpool side at the weekend.
His presence in the match was key for Jurgen Klopp and the visiting Liverpool as he opened the scoring for his side after a low cross into
the box from Liverpool Scottish left-back Andrew Robertson.
His goal put the Toffees back to the sword as he made his mark with an encouraging performance.
He was exemplary in the Liverpool attack as he caused Carlo Ancelotti’s men problems in the game.
Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace, Ivory Coast)
The want-away Crystal Palace star was at his usual best as they locked horns with fellow Premier League side Brighton& Hove Albion.
He gave his side the lead though from the penalty spot sending goalkeeper Mathew Ryan the wrong way.
He was brought down in the box by a clumsy challenging owing to the threat he possesses as a star player.
Zaha has been linked to a host of top clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea as well as a possible return to boyhood club Manchester United.
He did the needful to help his Crystal Palace side earn a draw as Brighton & Hove Albion Alexis Mc Allister got the equalizer which tied
match 1-1 in the 90th minutes. Mohamed Salah (Egypt, Liverpool)
The Egyptian star was out to fulfil a legacy and that he achieve when he scored to give his side a 1-2 lead away from home.
It was a Merseyside derby and he was on hand to show his class when he profited from a loose ball in the Everton defence to make his mark with an exemplary finish.
He took the goal in exquisite fashion to remind us about his world-class quality as he reached a landmark of 100 goals for
He was able to achieve this under 159 games being the third-fastest Liverpool player behind Roger Hunt and Jack Parkinson for reach the
landmark for Liverpool.
Ademola Lookman (Nigeria, Fulham)
The Nigerian prospective player was outstanding for the London side having joined from German side RB Leipzig this summer.
It was an interesting game to watch as Lookman and the Nigeria national team hopefuls like Tosin Adarabioyo and Ola Aina made it
count in the contest.
But Lookman will show his talent and brilliance by scoring the cracking goal for his Fulham side.
He beat two defenders before applying the finishing touch as he made amends for Alexander Mitrovic’s Penalty miss in the course of the
- US Marshal released from hospital after Bronx gun battleIn USADecember 6, 2020A deputy U.S. Marshals shot during a gun battle in the Bronx received a hero’s welcome Saturday as he was released from the hospital. Dozens of ...[Read more]
- Namibia auctioning off 170 ‘high value’ wild elephantsIn LifestyleDecember 6, 2020Who wants their very own elephant? The southwest African country of Namibia will be auctioning off 170 “high value” ...[Read more]
- Creepy characters sought in gunpoint robbery in NYCIn USADecember 6, 2020These were no trick-or-treaters. Cops are looking for help in identifying five creepy characters who pulled a gunpoint robbery in Brooklyn the ...[Read more]
- 3 Years After Flavour Adopted A Blind Boy, Check Out his New PhotosIn Celebrity NewsDecember 5, 2020Popular Nigerian artiste, Flavour, three years ago, showed love for a young blind boy called Semah G. Flavour adopted the young to be fathered by ...[Read more]
- NYC COVID-19 numbers still rising in ‘cluster zones,’ positive rate dips statewide: CuomoIn USADecember 5, 2020The statewide COVID-19 positivity rate has fallen slightly, but infection rates are still rising in Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island, ...[Read more]
- ‘Autonomous zone’ NYC bar is making big bucks on GoFundMeIn USADecember 5, 2020Staten Island’s self-proclaimed “Autonomous Zone” bar can’t legally open its doors to customers, but the joint is still managing to clean up. A ...[Read more]
- Queens man burned by dry ice on Air France flight: lawsuitIn USADecember 5, 2020That’s a knee-jerk reaction. A Queens man says he was seriously hurt after an airplane beverage cart smashed him in the knee, and an Air France ...[Read more]
- Alexandra Botez is taking the chess world by storm—live on TwitchIn LifestyleDecember 5, 2020Good chess players are master strategists and problem solvers. Alexandra Botez has one more unlikely skill in her arsenal: insults. “My dad is a ...[Read more]
- Democratic NYC mayoral candidate suggests housing homeless in Daily News officesIn USADecember 5, 2020One Democratic mayoral hopeful has a novel idea for easing the city’s homeless crisis — housing them in the vacated offices of the Daily News. ...[Read more]
- Meet Lindsay Ijeoma, The Lady With The Longest Natural Hair In NigeriaIn Nigeria NewsDecember 5, 2020Lindsay Ijeoma Chris is the woman who is believed to have the longest common hair in Nigeria so far. You will be marvelled at the length, thickness ...[Read more]