Inter Milan clinched their first Serie A title in eleven years, ending Juventus’ nine-year dominance as Italian champions.
Conte’s men put one hand on the trophy with a 2-0 win over Crotone on Saturday, but Atalanta’s 1-1 draw against Sassuolo on Sunday ensured the Serie A leaders retained an unassailable 13-point cushion with four matches to spare.
Speaking to 90 Minuto on Rai 2 after Atalanta’s draw with Sassuolo, Conte said,
“We’ll go to sleep tonight very happy with what we have achieved. We are happy for us, for the people who worked to get Inter back to winning ways, for the fans. We will certainly feel more relaxed now.
“I put it among the most important successes of my career. It was difficult because it was not an easy choice for me to come to Inter, during a time when the team was certainly not competitive or had the resources to achieve something important.
“Plus, I was going to a club that is rivals with Juventus, where I played for many years, and who were dominating the league. There were many negative situations that I was going into.
“Instead, I accepted the challenge with great eagerness, and I think the hard work repaid all those sacrifices.”
“I think the worst moment was when we went out of the Champions League, when the criticism we received was perhaps excessive,” Conte added.
“It wasn’t easy, we had a group of lads who were not accustomed to winning. We did well to come together and take the criticism so we could become even stronger.
“What took us to victory was that these players trusted me. I showed them the way, and they trusted me completely. In the end, we found the path.”
- Paris court tries anti-racism activist for statue attackIn LifestyleMay 10, 2021PARIS — A French activist for Black rights went on trial in Paris on Monday for defacing a statue of a historical figure from France’s colonial, ...[Read more]
- Elevator packed with law enforcement officers collapses in BrooklynIn USAMay 10, 2021An elevator collapsed in a Brooklyn building Monday morning with about two dozen members of federal and local law enforcement agencies inside, ...[Read more]
- Women’s FA Cup Round of 32 draw heldIn GhanaMay 10, 2021Advertisement The draw for the round of 32 of the 2020/21 Women’s FA Cup season took place on Monday, May 10, 2021. The Teams were grouped into five ...[Read more]
- Why are people getting choked up at this ad for gum?In LifestyleMay 10, 2021This one hit hard. An epic new commercial for Wrigley’s Extra brand gum that celebrates the end of the COVID-19 pandemic is giving cooped up viewers ...[Read more]
- Nigerians in diaspora with expired passports can come back home for renewal – FGIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, says Nigerians in diaspora with expired passports can return home for the renewal “without fear of ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: FG re-imposes curfew, restriction on mass gatheringIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021The Federal Government has re-introduced a nationwide curfew to curtail further spread of COVID-19. National Incident Manager, Mukhtar Mohammed, ...[Read more]
- SUNY, CUNY to require students to get COVID vaccine by fall, Cuomo saysIn USAMay 10, 2021Both SUNY and CUNY will require students to get COVID-19 vaccines before the next academic year, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Monday. The public ...[Read more]
- No Body Has A Manual To Keep A Man – Nkechi Blessing Subtly ShadesIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Actress Nkechi Blessing has subtly shaded her colleagues whose marriage has ended saying no one has a manual to keep a man and a ...[Read more]
- “There’s nothing worse than a broke famous person” – DJ Big NIn Celebrity NewsMay 10, 2021Nigerian hip-hop Dj Big N dishes out advice to entrepreneurs and his fans as he disclosed there’s nothing worse than a broke famous person. Big N ...[Read more]
- NYC shootings keep soaring, up 86 percent over 2020: NYPD dataIn USAMay 10, 2021The gun violence in Gotham more than doubled last week — capped by a wild shooting in Times Square that left a 4-year-old girl among three people ...[Read more]