The Jacob Zuma foundation has announced that the former President will address the nation this weekend ahead of his 15 months prison sentence.
It is still unclear when exactly Zuma will deliver his address, but the foundation spokesperson Mzwanele Manyi told The Citizen that a statement would be released on Friday.
Meanwhile, the legal team of Jacob Zuma has appealed his sentence despite the Constitutional Court making it clear this week that President Jacob Zuma will not be allowed to appeal his 15-month prison sentence.
A local publication reported earlier today that the legal team led by advocate Dali Mpofu intend to file an urgent application in the Pietermaritzburg High Court to stay his arrest, which was meant to happen by this weekend, along with the filing of an urgent application for rescission of the apex court’s judgment.
The publication has also reported that Zuma is likely to be imprisoned at Westville Prison in Durban.
See post below:
- South Africans And Political Parties React To ConCourt Judgment Against Jacob Zuma
- Jacob Zuma, Ex-President Of South Africa Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison
- Jacob Zuma Fights Prison Sentence
- Jacob Zuma To Appeal Unappealable Prison Sentence – Report
- Former South African President, Jacob Zuma sued by third wife over maintenance money
- South Africa’s Jacob Zuma should be jailed – Judge says after the former president failed to appear in court to answer corruption allegations
- Jacob Zuma’s Imprisonment Would Be Determined During Rescission Hearing, Says Expert
- Jacob Zuma Won’t Be The First Leader Sent To Jail, Says Prince Buthelezi
- Suspense As Police Await New Orders On Jacob Zuma’s Arrest
- Jacob Zuma’s corruption trial postponed to June due to coronavirus