Legendary South African rapper Zola 7 has opened up on his financial struggles and is appealing to his fellow musicians in the industry to help him fund his epilepsy treatment.
City Press has revealed that his management has started a crowdfunding initiative to help sort his medical bills.
A few months ago, the rapper opened up about how he’s battling chronic epilepsy, and how it almost took his life in an sit down on podcast and chill with McGee.
“I lost a lot of weight over the past year. I was extremely sick, I was home and I was shaking. Everybody around me was scared I was going to die. I couldn’t eat well. I was eating Mageu, porridge and Fish.
“Nowadays I have to take medication twice a day just to get by. I was very sick during that song (with Cassper) and I think we did about 25 cuts. I was fighting to look normal, but I wasn’t. I was extremely very sick during that video.”
Many South African have taken to social media to declare their intention to help the artist fight his demons.
In other news, media personality Lerato Kganyago has taken to her social media account to express how she feels seeing some people enjoy being the first to break the news of someone’s death.
The South African entertainment industry has been losing stars here and there over the past week, and this record is almost similar to how people died in 2022.
Lerato Kganyago has recently taken to her social media account to indirectly dragged someone who must have broke the news of the passing of a celeb before the person’s family did.
Lerato asked people to wait for the family of the deceased to break the news before they do.
“Some people thrive on being the 1st ones to announce someone’s death on social media. Nothing wrong with waiting for the family to release a statement. Ke Botho,” she tweeted.
The same message was voiced out by fellow DJ Lamiez Holworthy at a point last month.
Source: Newzandar News
- EPL: Zola reveals why Eden Hazard was bored at Chelsea
- DOWNLOAD: Cassper Nyovest – Bonginkosi ft. Zola 7
- ‘Zola’ star Nicholas Braun lived on candy and Red Bulls while making movie
- How ‘Zola’ star Taylour Paige stripped — and found sexual freedom
- Zola names two players who got ‘bored’ under Sarri
- DOWNLOAD: Cassper Nyovest – Hlengiwe ft Zola 7
- Chelsea: Zola names best position for Timo Werner in Tuchel’s squad
- Actress Zola Nombona Opens Up About Her struggles
- Actress Zola Nombona And Boyfriend Thomas Gumede Celebrates Son’s 1st Birthday (Photos)
- Struggling mom who gave birth to 10 boys while looking for a daughter weeps as she gets financial assistance