Arsenal is set to bring Benfica left-back, Nuno Tavares, to Emirates this summer.
The Premier League club has made the first move in the race to sign Tavares from Benfica.
The Gunners view Tavares as a new backup to Kieran Tierney.
According to Fabrizio Romano, Arsenal has been in contact with the player’s agents, with Benfica hoping for £14.5 million.
Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, is keen to add competition for Tierney at left-back after the Scotland international signed a new long-term contract with the North London club last week.
Tavares currently has three years left in his contract with Benfica.
The 21-year-old has gone on to make 41 appearances for Benfica.
- Why I joined Arsenal – Nuno Tavares
- Nuno Tavares names Arsenal players he admire
- Transfer: Tavares set for Arsenal medicals as Arteta lands first summer signing
- Arsenal to complete deals for two players after signing Tavares
- Transfers: Arsenal confirm Tavares signing, Liverpool close to Saul, others
- Wolves Manager Nuno Espirito Close To Signing New Contract
- Nuno Espirito Santo: ‘Wolves didn’t settle down’
- EPL: Why we defeated Chelsea 2-1 – Wolves’ manager, Nuno Santo
- EPL: Wolves coach, Nuno Santo gives fresh update on Rui Patricio after injury against Liverpool
- Arsenal defender leaves Emirates ahead of Man City clash