Former Manchester United and Real Madrid striker, Michael Owen, has predicted Atletico Madrid to beat Chelsea in tonight’s Champions League last-16 first-leg fixture at the National Arena in Bucharest, Romania.
Owen also predicted Bayern Munich to defeat Lazio at the Stadio Olimpico in Italy.
Providing his predictions, Owen told BetVictor: “Over the last decade, Atletico have missed out on both the domestic championship and Champions League on several occasions, and this is another season where opportunity has presented itself at their door.
“That said, they are in the middle of a patchy run of form, having won only once in four games.
“Still undefeated, Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel is likely to approach this cautiously. The Blues’ have been solid at the back since his arrival, and I think this will be another match where he will be desperate to give nothing away.
“With that in mind, I don’t see many goals on the horizon. However, I think Atletico may just have enough to nick it on their own patch. Atletico Madrid 1, Chelsea 0.”
Speaking on the Lazio vs Bayern Munich game, Owen said: “This has the look of a great knockout tie and whilst I think Lazio can cause Bayern problems, I expect the visitors to just have enough to take the lead back to the Allianz Arena. It’s 2-0 Bayern for me. Lazio 0, Bayern 2.”
The kick-off time for all the games is 9 pm, Nigerian time.
- If your own taped corruption didn’t destroy the judiciary, what will criticism do?- lawyer asks Judicial ServiceIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021Lawyer and advocate for legal education reforms in Ghana, Mawuse Oliver Barker-Vormawor has asserted that criticising the courts and holding it to ...[Read more]
- New Mum, Adesua Etomi Shares Photos Documenting Her Pregnancy, Childbirth and MotherhoodIn EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021Adesua Etomi-Wellington has shared photos documenting different stages of her pregnancy and the back story for each photo. The new mum also shared ...[Read more]
- Shatta Wale threatens to beat music producer for exposing him for not paying for his servicesIn Entertainment, Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021Dancehall artiste Shatta Wale has threatened to beat music producer MOG for exposing him. MOG on Sunday in series of tweets exposed Shatta Wale for ...[Read more]
- Being a celebrity doesn’t prevent me from doing my matrimonial duties at home – Diana HamiltonIn Entertainment, GhanaMarch 1, 2021‘Adom (Grace)’ hitmaker and powerful vocalist, Diana Hamilton has revealed that despite the busy schedules that come with her celebrity status, she ...[Read more]
- “I miss my daughter” – Actress, Ada Ameh weeps over loss of only childIn Celebrity NewsMarch 1, 2021Nollywood actress, Ada Ameh continues to grief over the death of her only child, Aladi Gift, who died in October 2020 after battling a prolonged ...[Read more]
- It’s unnecessary to cane children – Diana Hamilton fumesIn Entertainment, GhanaMarch 1, 2021Award-winning Ghanaian gospel music icon, Diana Hamilton has disclosed on Kastle FM in an interview with Amansan Krakye monitored by MyNewsGh.com ...[Read more]
- God hates homosexuality but grace is available for them – Diana HamiltonIn Entertainment, GhanaMarch 1, 2021The advocacy for the legalization of LGBTQ+ rights in Ghana has been met with mixed reaction and condemnation with Diana Hamilton saying that God’s ...[Read more]
- EPL: Arteta warns Gabriel Martinelli after Arsenal defeated Leicester City 3-1In EPL, SportsMarch 1, 2021Arsenal boss, Mikel Arteta, has warned forward, Gabriel Martinelli, that he needs to keep working hard to get back to his best following his side’s ...[Read more]
- “You were not 12, not your cousin, stop lying” – Reactions as Nengi shares throwback photo with cousin at age 12In Celebrity NewsMarch 1, 2021Popular reality star, Nengi Rebecca Hampson has shared a throwback photo of herself with her cousin from when she was 12-years-old. Taking to Twitter ...[Read more]
- EPL: I’m baffled referee Attwell didn’t award Man United penalty against Chelsea – Mark ClattenburgIn SportsMarch 1, 2021Manchester United legend, Paul Scholes, has disagreed with Chelsea manager, Thomas Tuchel’s comments following both sides’ Premier League 0-0 draw. ...[Read more]