Chelsea boss, Thomas Tuchel, has revealed his conversation with Winger, Callum Hudson-Odoi, ahead of his side’s Champions League last-16, first-leg tie with Atletico Madrid on Tuesday night at National Arena in Romania.
Tuchel also said he urged Hudson-Odoi to be more “reliable” for Chelsea’s squad when he comes on from the bench.
Recall that Hudson-Odoi was a bit disappointed to be named among the substitutes during Chelsea’s 1-1 draw with Southampton at St Mary’s over the weekend.
The 20-year-old was brought on for Tammy Abraham at the start of the second half after Takumi Minamino had put Southampton in front.
However, the England international lasted just 31 minutes before Hakim Ziyech replaced him in the 76 minutes.
“It’s not a big thing at all for me,” Tuchel told Chelsea’s official website.
“I have spoken to Callum [Hudson-Odoi], and I have spoken to the whole group. Sometimes these things happen in football, and it was just my decision.
“Maybe I was harsh on him because he was on my side of the pitch, and I was up close to him, but I didn’t feel that he was really into the game.
“I did not think he was totally sharp, and that’s why I took a hard decision on him. But that decision was in the moment and for that day only.
“For me, this is absolutely not a big thing and only becomes one if people want to talk about it.
“Callum has been fantastic for me so far, and it is on him to show me that every game and every day in training.
“I want him to show me that he’s a reliable guy for the team when he comes on from the bench like he’s when he starts.”
- Lady cries out as her boyfriend mistakenly impregnates lady who joined them for threesomeIn GossipMarch 6, 2021A lady has taken to social media to cry out after her boyfriend impregnated their threesome partner. In a series of posts on Twitter, the lady ...[Read more]
- Diawisie Taylor’s double secures win for Karela against AduanaIn Ghana, SportsMarch 6, 2021Diawisie Taylor’s double ensured Karela United came from a goal down to win 2-1 at the Cosby Awuah Memorial (CAM) Park on Saturday afternoon in ...[Read more]
- 27 sentenced for trading on walkways, face mask violation, others in EdoIn Local NewsMarch 6, 2021Four suspected cultists of Government Secondary School, Akim, in Calabar Municipal Local Government Area of Cross River State have been arrested. ...[Read more]
- New York COVID hospitalizations sink to lowest levels in monthsIn USAMarch 6, 2021The number of hospitalized patients with COVID-19 in New York dropped below 5,000 for the first time in nearly three months. The hospitalizations ...[Read more]
- I’m Not Leaving Music For School – DJ Cuppy Blast TrollIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 6, 2021Disc Jockey DJ Cuppy is more than just a pretty head and music she is a smart, intelligent young lady. The stunning beauty was recently offered ...[Read more]
- EPL: Arteta reacts as referee Marriner refuses to award Pieters’ handballIn EPL, SportsMarch 6, 2021
- Serie A: Gernot Rohr spills discussion with Osimhen on Gennaro GattusoIn SportsMarch 6, 2021
- Columbia apologizes to activist Ericka Hart after racism, transphobia accusationsIn USAMarch 6, 2021Administrators at Columbia University apologized to a former professor who said she was ousted after complaining about a student’s “rape jokes.” ...[Read more]
- EPL: Michael Owen predicts Chelsea vs Everton, Man City vs Man United, other fixturesIn EPL, SportsMarch 6, 2021
- Fort Lauderdale party spot bans spring breakersIn LifestyleMarch 6, 2021Enlarge Image A college athlete is thrown in the air by a group of men on the beach to celebrate spring break, amid the COVID-19 outbreak in Fort ...[Read more]