Manchester United legend, Rio Ferdinand, has revealed how Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, should have handled playmaker, Mesut Ozil’s situation at Emirates.
Ferdinand believes Arteta did not handle Ozil’s situation well at Arsenal, adding that it doesn’t make sense for the Gunners to let the former Real Madrid star depart the North London club.
Ozil is expected to leave Arteta’s side this January transfer window, with the 32-year-old currently considering offers from Fenerbahce and DC United.
“If I was Mikel Arteta, I would have gone in and assessed the situation. Why has not he [Mesut Ozil] played previously? Speak to Mesut,” Ferdinand told the FIVE YouTube channel.
“And then it’s all about how he applies himself on the training pitch. I would ask him how it was in the last regime, but then I would give him a clean slate and say, “Right, you go out there and do the work for me. Work on the training pitch and then I see it playing out in the 90 minutes at the Emirates and all the grounds, then we will have a great time together”, that’s the way I’d have approached it.
“The problem is with this whole situation, and whether you are an Arsenal fan or someone looking in as a football fan, we have not really been given any insights about how the situation has got to where it has got to.
“Mesut Ozil is a World Cup winner, a player who played at [Real] Madrid and was fantastic there, and did some great things at Arsenal.
“But he’s spending more time sitting on Twitter and Instagram talking about his team and the young players and sending out funny messages than he is kicking a ball and it doesn’t make sense to me.”
- I’ve No interest in NPP Chairmanship – Kennedy Agyapong clarifiesIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 19, 2021Assin Central Member of Parliament(MP) Kennedy Agyapong has shot down media reports suggesting he interested in being the Chairman of the New ...[Read more]
- Osun man bags one year in prison for stealing cablesIn Local NewsJanuary 19, 2021A herb dealer, Rofiat Biliameen, has petitioned a Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan to dissolve her two and a half-year-old marriage to estranged ...[Read more]
- Akufo-Addo asks Mr. Opare Duncan to act as National Security CoordinatorIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 19, 2021The Director for Communications at the Presidency Eugene Arhin has disclosed that the President of Ghana Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has asked Deputy ...[Read more]
- Shock as 33 people are killed in road accidents on Wenchi roadIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 19, 2021A total of 33 persons died as a result of road accidents in the Wenchi Municipality of the Bono Region in 2020 alone, MyNewsGh.com reports These road ...[Read more]
- Congratulations For Winning After Murdering Your Opponents – UN Watch Taunts Ugandan President MuseviniIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021United Nations watch has mocked the reelection of Uganda’s president Musevini for his 6th term in office. The NGO which monitors the world body, ...[Read more]
- COVID-19 surge increases strain on funeral homesIn LifestyleJanuary 19, 2021As refrigerated trucks arrive at states across the country, funeral homes say they are turning families away. As of mid-January, Los ...[Read more]
- Adamawa church suspends annual convention over COVID-19In COVID-19, NewsJanuary 19, 2021A former presidential aspirant in the 2019 general elections under the platform of the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), The former ...[Read more]
- EPL: Mark Lawrenson predicts Leicester City vs ChelseaIn EPL, SportsJanuary 19, 2021Former Liverpool player, Mark Lawrenson, has predicted Chelsea to beat Leicester City 2-0 at the King Power Stadium on Tuesday night. Chelsea were ...[Read more]
- If A Christian Uttered The Rubbish Zulum Uttered, Nigeria Would Be On Fire – Reno OmokriIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Following the statement made by the governor of Borno state, Prof. Babagana Zulum on the growth of Boko Haram menace, political activist Reno Omokri ...[Read more]
- Dog imitates owner’s limp in heartwarming show of ‘sympathy’In LifestyleJanuary 19, 2021It was quite a limp-ression. An empathetic UK pooch melted hearts online after imitating his injured owner’s limp in an apparent show of solidarity. ...[Read more]