Tottenham Hotspur midfielder, Dele Alli, has taken a veiled swipe at manager, Jose Mourinho, and hailing his predecessor, Mauricio Pochettino.
Mourinho has apparently frozen Alli out of his first-team plans, with the England international making just five appearances for Spurs in the Premier League so far this season.
Alli, whose future at Tottenham is unclear, saw a move to reunite with Pochettino at Paris Saint-Germain fall through the last January transfer window.
Speaking ahead of Tottenham’s Europa League clash with Wolfsberger on Thursday night, Alli said he was lucky to play under Pochettino at Tottenham, adding that the Argentine knows how to manage him.
“I was very lucky to have a manager like Pochettino – he was an unbelievable guy and very experienced,” Alli was quoted by The Sun as saying.
“He would pull me in if I was doing dumb stuff and speak with me.
“Not like a dad – but that sort of vibe.”
Alli, 24, joined Tottenham from MK Dons in 2015.
Meanwhile, speaking last month, Mourinho outwardly challenged Alli to fight for his future, claiming that ‘unhappy’ players fall into two categories.
- NYC lobbyists still make bank despite COVID-19 pandemicIn USAFebruary 28, 2021The Big Apple’s lobbying industry proved to be nearly pandemic-proof last year despite the COVID-19 outbreak that ravaged New York City, new records ...[Read more]
- Who is Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul, first in line to succeed Gov. Cuomo?In USAFebruary 28, 2021With Gov. Andrew Cuomo facing multiple allegations of sexual harassment from former staffers — as well as a swirling scandal over his ...[Read more]
- Cuomo ‘sorry’ for workplace ‘jokes’ amid sexual harassment fiascoIn USAFebruary 28, 2021Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Sunday copped to making “jokes” that he claimed were interpreted as “unwanted flirtation” — as his office caved on the state ...[Read more]
- Ka3na and TBoss take to Instagram, to battle it out for the real owner of the title ‘BossLady’.In Celebrity NewsFebruary 28, 2021Previous articleActress, Adesua Shares Adorable Photos Of When She Was Pregnant and After Pregnancy (Photos) Credit: Gistreel...[Read more]
- Burna Boy Reached Out To Apologise And I’ve Forgiven Him – Mr 2kayIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentFebruary 28, 2021Nigerian singer Mr 2kay, has revealed that he has forgiven top singer Burna Boy who allegedly sent thugs to attack him. It will be recalled that in ...[Read more]
- Basketmouth Produced Web-Series Papa Benji Ep.12 “The Lies Men Tell”In Celebrity News, EntertainmentFebruary 28, 2021Episode 12 of Basketmouth‘s comedy web series “Papa Benji” is here. This episode is tagged “The Lies Men Tell”. “Papa Benj” comedy features ...[Read more]
- Buhari, Tinubu, El-Rufai All Called For Jonathan’s Resign – Femi Falana Calls For The Release Of DawisuIn Celebrity News, Nigeria NewsFebruary 28, 2021Human Rights lawyer and activist, Femi Falana has released an official statement calling for the release of Salihu Tanko Yakasai “Dawisu”, the former ...[Read more]
- Actress, Adesua Shares Adorable Photos Of When She Was Pregnant and After Pregnancy (Photos)In Celebrity NewsFebruary 28, 2021Popular Nollywood actress and wife of Banky W, Adesua-Etomi Wellington has recently shared some photos of when she was heavy with her child and some ...[Read more]
- Queens woman struggles with home invaders at gunpoint, intense video showsIn USAFebruary 28, 2021Shocking video shows a Queens woman struggling with two home invaders — including one who put a gun to the victim’s head and barked “If you cry, I ...[Read more]
- Mohammed Dauda scores first Anderlecht goal in win over Standard LiegeIn Ghana, SportsFebruary 28, 2021Ghana forward, Mohammed Dauda, has scored his first goal for Anderlecht in their 3-1 win over Standard Liege on Sunday in the Belgium Jupiler League. ...[Read more]