Former Liverpool and Manchester United striker, Michael Owen, has predicted Real Madrid to beat Atalanta in tonight’s UEFA Champions League last-16, first-leg clash at Atleti Azzurri d’Italia in Bergamo, Italy.
Owen also predicted Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City to beat Borussia Monchengladbach at Puskás Aréna in Budapest, Hungary.
Providing his predictions, Owen told BetVictor: “After racking up four wins in a row, Real Madrid are starting to resemble the Los Blancos’ we’ve all become accustomed to. Messrs Modric, Kroos and Casemiro have all come alive and despite being on the brink of exiting this tournament in the group stages, they now must be considered as outright contenders.
“However, first, they must overcome a tricky knockout tie against Atalanta. The Serie A side is known for their attacking flair and come into this in good form.
“The Italians have lost just one of their last 11 home games, winning eight. What’s more, they have scored at least three goals in nine of those matches.
“Usually, first leg ties can be cagey, but I don’t think this will be the case here. If Atalanta goes for it, I think they’ll leave themselves open at the back. If that materialises, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Real Madrid take full advantage and travel back to the Spanish capital with a win. Atalanta 1, Real Madrid 2.”
Speaking on the Monchengladbach vs Manchester City game, Owen said, “Borussia Monchengladbach earned themselves plaudits in the group stages and rightfully so. However, the Bundesliga side has lost two of their last three matches. That’s not the type of form you want with Manchester City on the horizon.
“City are really gathering momentum. There is no denying the UEFA Champions League is a priority not just for Pep but for the club owners.
“This season may represent their best chance of landing it, and with that in mind, I think they will be well up for this.
“I’m expecting another strong City performance and think they’ll take a win back to the Etihad. Monchengladbach 0, Manchester City 2.”
The kick-off time for all the games is 9 pm, Nigerian time.
- Bandits Are Now Doing More Evil And Blaming Eastern Security Network or IPOB – Governor UmahiIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Governor David Umahi believes bandits are now doing a lot of evil and holding the Eastern Security Network (ESN) or Indigenous People ...[Read more]
- I pay boys to sleep with me – Naomi Gold (Video)In GossipApril 14, 2021Controversial Ghanaian model and Naomi Gold has revealed she normally pays boys to sleep with her. According to the social media sensation, she is ...[Read more]
- Bayern Munich confident of signing Haaland ahead of Man City, ChelseaIn SportsApril 14, 2021
- Davido Helped Me Break Away From Shyness – PeruzziIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nigerian singer, songwriter, and producer, Tobechwuku Okoh Victor popularly called Peruzzi has disclosed all the help the DMW record ...[Read more]
- Sir Alex Ferguson ‘lambasted’ me over red card – SolskjaerIn SportsApril 14, 2021
- ‘She’s Not Behaving Like A Human Being’ – Teacher’s Comment On A Student’s Report Sheet Sparks ReactionsIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021ADVERTISEMENT A teacher’s blunt remark he appended on the report card of a student has caused a furore online as several people literally call for ...[Read more]
- About 72% Actresses Sleep With Rich Preachers To Upgrade Their Lives – Uche MaduagwuIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Controversial Nigerian actor and social media commentator Uche Maduagwu has made some damning allegations on his official Instagram ...[Read more]
- Europa League: Slavia Prague player banned for 10 matches ahead of Arsenal second legIn SportsApril 14, 2021
- Burna Boy tops chart as he becomes the first artiste to reach 100M streams on BoomplayIn Celebrity NewsApril 14, 2021Grammy winner, Burna Boy has bagged another worthwhile achievement as he becomes the first music artiste to reach 100 Million streams on the music ...[Read more]
- It’s difficult for human to be sexually committed to one partner – Uti NwachukwuIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentApril 14, 2021Kaduna-born actress and Television presenter, Rachel Bakam, is dead. She died after a brief illness. She was 38 years old. She died on Tuesday at a ...[Read more]