Gary Neville has said Manchester United’s owners, the Glazers, are to blame for fans’ protests on Sunday, ahead of the Liverpool clash.
Supporters began protesting outside The Lowry hotel, where Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his team were preparing for the game.
More protests broke out at Old Trafford and hundreds of fans broke into the stadium and reach the pitch, before being escorted out by police.
It was confirmed on Sunday evening the match would be postponed and will be rescheduled in due course.
“This is a consequence of the Manchester United owners’ actions two weeks ago. There is a general distrust and dislike of the owners, but they weren’t protesting two or three weeks ago.
“The Glazer family are struggling to meet the financial requirements at this club and the fans are saying that their time is up,” Neville, who was to cover the match for Sky Sports, said.
Manchester United are facing a points deduction, as Premier League and FA rules contradict one another on postponements.
According to the FA’s rulebook in section 8.3.4, it states that United could be found to have been at fault for the match not going ahead and see Liverpool awarded three points.
- Barcelona out, LaLiga title to be decided on last day between Atletico, RealIn SportsMay 16, 2021This year’s LaLiga title will be decided on the final day of the season in the Spanish topflight. Atletico beat Osasuna 2-1 at home on Sunday, to ...[Read more]
- Suspect in string of NYC bank robberies bustedIn USAMay 16, 2021A convicted serial bank robber is back behind bars after allegedly pulling off a string of Big Apple heists — while still on parole for previous bank ...[Read more]
- Stop Waiting For Aso Rock – Atiku Tells Nigerian GovernorsIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has urged governors from all states to come together and solve the insecurity facing the country ...[Read more]
- Man charged with shattering NYPD patrol car windowIn USAMay 16, 2021The rear windshield of an NYPD patrol car was smashed in Manhattan as officers responded to a call of a man with a knife, the city’s largest police ...[Read more]
- You Don’t Have To Reveal Anything To Be Beautiful — Actress, Olayode Juliana To WomenIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nollywood actress, Juliana Olayode has dished out a word of advice to her fellow ladies in a recent post on social media that has ...[Read more]
- GPLwk25: Hearts beat Elmina Sharks to reclaim second placeIn Ghana, NewsMay 16, 2021Accra Hearts of Oak beat Elmina Sharks 2-0 on Sunday at the Accra Sports Stadium, in a matchday 25 encounter, to move back into second place on the ...[Read more]
- Others Were Accepted But I Was Rejected Thrice At Ritualists Shrine – Nurse Kidnapped In Rivers State Shares Her Chilling EncounterIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT An 18-year-old auxiliary nurse, Rachael David, has narrated how close she came to death as she was abducted by suspected ritualists in ...[Read more]
- “My Lower Body Was Detached From The Upper Body” – Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor A1ccidentIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT According to her, she was involved in a ghastly motor accident on her way back from church and left for dead by the driver and rider. ...[Read more]
- MTA exec accuses mayor of being out of touch with subway safety fearsIn USAMay 16, 2021Mayor Bill de Blasio’s hulking height and security team leave him out of touch with the reality of subway safety, Interim Transit President Sarah ...[Read more]
- ‘Follow Your Wife’- Davido Tells Tiwa Savage Son, Jamil To Take His Rightful Place As Imade’s Future Husband [VIDEO]In Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Interestingly, Nigerian singer and songwriter, David Adeleke popularly known as Davido knows exactly who will put the wedding ring on ...[Read more]