The UEFA Champions League takes centre stage on Wednesday as hostility ensures on the pitch.
Yesterday was the opening evening of football at the European stage as some of the best teams played their respective oppositions on the occasion.
The likes of Chelsea, Barcelona, Club Brugge and co were in action with the latter winning on the night, unlike Frank Lampard Chelsea side that began their European campaign with a draw.
Ahead of today matches lined-up across Europe in the UEFA Champions League, DAILY POST takes a look at three key matches to look forward to earnestly.
Bayern Munich vs. Athletico Madrid
The Bavarian giants are on hand to make the season opener once again against Athletics Madrid.
However, this time it’s not going to be an easy one as two of the best strikers in World football will be involved in the match.
Robert Lewandowlski would be expected to lead the Bayern Munich’s attack as Luis Suarez will do the same after joining Athletico Madrid from fellow rivals Barcelona.
With the two world-class figures on the pitch in the company of complementary players like Thomas Muller (for Bayern) and Yannick
Carrasco (for Athletic) expect good services from the duo alongside these two established strikers.
And this will make it a fiesta as both has got the knack to raise the bar and match antecedents in a big match of the calibre.
Ajax Amsterdam vs. Liverpool
The Dutch giants will lock horns with the Premier League (giants) Champions as match vigour returns on Europe’s grandest stage.
It will be more of a test and a big one for the Reds as they travel to Ajax without their influential centre-back Virgil van Dijk.
It promises to be interesting how Liverpool would deal with the challenge after the 2-2 draw with Everton at the weekend.
Liverpool’s inability to win the Mersey side derby could be attributed to Van Dijk injury as he limped off early in the game.
And against an Ajax side who are not doing bad at the moment expected to see some memorable happenings on the pitch as we look forward to a defining moment in the match.
Manchester City vs. FC Porto
The Citizens would be favourite ahead of this duel but with the host has been disappointing when much was expected of them, anything would still happen in this fixture.
FC Porto may have sold influential Brazilian left-back Alex Telles in the summer to Manchester United.
But they’ve got a decent replacement in Nigerian left-back Zaidu Sanusi.
The Porto side will fancy a surprise result against Manchester City at the Etihad just like Olympic Lyonnais did achieve at the quarter-final
However, with City beat Arsenal 1-0 at the weekend, there is hope for a tree (Manchester City) even if it is cut down as in (by Lyon) last time out.
- “Sometimes I Wonder If God Is Laughing At Me”- Vee Tells FansIn BBNaija, Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Former BBNaija housemate, Vee, has stated that she sometimes reflects on what God will be thinking about her when she worries about petty things. Vee ...[Read more]
- Regina Daniels Massive Weight Loss In New Photo Raises ConcernIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Fans of Actress Regina Daniels have expressed their concern about her massive weight loss after she had her first child about 5 months ago. In a new ...[Read more]
- Ex-FBI director James Comey to teach at Columbia Law SchoolIn USADecember 2, 2020Columbia University announced on Tuesday that former FBI director James Comey will be teaching there next year. Comey is joining the Reuben Mark ...[Read more]
- “I Don’t Like Davido, I Love Him”- Omah Lay Publicly Declares His Love For DavidoIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Nigerian singer and songwriter Omah Lay has declared publicly that he loves Davido not only for what he does but who he is. He made this known during ...[Read more]
- Meet The Beautiful Sister Of Burna Boy Who Is Also SingerIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Burna Boy is one of the most popular and well-to-do musicians in the Nigerian entertainment industry, the musician is known for his music and ...[Read more]
- Upstate NY mayor charged with crack possession after police pursuitIn USADecember 2, 2020The mayor of a small upstate New York village was arrested Tuesday for allegedly possessing crack cocaine, cops said. Massena Mayor Tim Currier was ...[Read more]
- 15-month-old girl stabbed inside NYC apartmentIn USADecember 2, 2020A 15-month-old girl was left in critical condition after being stabbed in the stomach inside a Brooklyn home on Tuesday, law enforcement sources told ...[Read more]
- Man shot in buttocks during Hell’s Kitchen feudIn USADecember 2, 2020A man was shot in the buttocks during an argument in Hell’s Kitchen on Tuesday night, police said. The 52-year-old victim was wounded while in a ...[Read more]
- Fauci says Broadway could reopen by fall 2021In USADecember 2, 2020Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious diseases doctor, says Broadway could possibly be shining its bright lights again by early next fall. ...[Read more]
- Sheriffs bust defiant NYC bar in COVID-19 hotspotIn USADecember 2, 2020City sheriffs on Tuesday night shut down a Staten Island bar that declared itself an “autonomous zone” and continued to serve indoor customers in ...[Read more]